Author Topic: Planet Exploded  (Read 4496 times)

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Planet Exploded
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 10:31:32 am »
anything can happen, maybe this will allow for some sort of bloodless conversion of AI command stations in general, or something.

As an idea, the "converted" planet is owned as per an ally (eg. you don't own the system, but get supply as if an ally owned it, it counts as a "friendly" system, and you have no build rights unless you move in a mobile builder).  So you don't get any resources or special powers from the command station, plus it's still nuke-armed.  If the AI shows up and kills the station, it still explodes.

Offline cukeaddict

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 09:10:26 pm »
That would be an interesting idea, especially if this command station exploding counted towards AI progress, much like a nuke going off.

I believe there is a "Nuclear Command" option similar to the Scorched Earth type, but why anyone would WANT to add that ability to their enemy I'm not sure.
Yes, I am addicted to cucumbers.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 11:11:04 pm »
Nuclear Command is different, it only kills ships.

Offline Echo35

• Master Member Mark II
  • More turrets! MORE TURRETS!
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2010, 03:51:33 pm »
That would be an interesting idea, especially if this command station exploding counted towards AI progress, much like a nuke going off.

I believe there is a "Nuclear Command" option similar to the Scorched Earth type, but why anyone would WANT to add that ability to their enemy I'm not sure.

I actually play about half my games with that on. it's a great anti-swarming modification, though with the AI Eyes now, it's less entertaining. Either way, it makes for some pretty interesting game play, and it helps you wipe out the planet easier when you want to take it over :)

Offline viper

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 12:08:54 pm »
Does scorched earth destroy ARS too? If so is there some kind of way around that?

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2010, 05:50:47 pm »
Does scorched earth destroy ARS too? If so is there some kind of way around that?
no, ARS are immune to nuclear explosions
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Author of the Dyson Project and the Spire Gambit

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk