Author Topic: AI War new strategy videos posted  (Read 3381 times)

Offline Winter Born

Re: AI War new strategy videos posted
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2010, 09:19:26 am »
Wow,
Talk about rubbing salt in the wound.

Very sad day machine.

sorry i'm new here - have i touched upon a sore subject?

NP

TheMachine, who was a very helpful member of the forums and game supporter (the vids were very good for example), quit the forums, deleted his account, and aparently deleted his vids as well, over an argument that just seemed to get worse no matter what anybody else on the forum said to try and calm things down.

Like I said above -- a sad day

Probably should lock this thread

Offline Suzera

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 09:49:43 am »
October 2 videos are probably way outdated by now anyway. The game is pretty much entirely new in the beta patches. Literally.

Heck, the videos *I* did more recently are somewhat outdated by now unless you want to see the important lightish microing of fleet combats.

Offline Wingsofdomain

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2010, 10:41:43 am »
Wow,
Talk about rubbing salt in the wound.

Very sad day machine.

sorry i'm new here - have i touched upon a sore subject?

NP

TheMachine, who was a very helpful member of the forums and game supporter (the vids were very good for example), quit the forums, deleted his account, and aparently deleted his vids as well, over an argument that just seemed to get worse no matter what anybody else on the forum said to try and calm things down.

Like I said above -- a sad day

Probably should lock this thread

Oh no did that really happen? Lol I thought everyone were like happy fish on this forum. Was it something in game discussion that made him quit?

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2010, 11:11:24 am »
Without going into too much detail, it involed a new mechanic that was made mandatory that he did not appreciate, at all. He threw some rather heated arguments in the style of "Fix, or I quit!". Then the community went on to try and settle the issue, but Machine was VERY upset and eventually quit the forums and deleted everything related to AI War :(

Two days after, the mechanic was discussed in detail and made optional. So it's definately a very sad day. Machine was one of our most respected members prior to this, so I'm sad to see him go. In spite of how I feel he acted about it all.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Wingsofdomain

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2010, 03:24:05 pm »
Without going into too much detail, it involed a new mechanic that was made mandatory that he did not appreciate, at all. He threw some rather heated arguments in the style of "Fix, or I quit!". Then the community went on to try and settle the issue, but Machine was VERY upset and eventually quit the forums and deleted everything related to AI War :(

Two days after, the mechanic was discussed in detail and made optional. So it's definately a very sad day. Machine was one of our most respected members prior to this, so I'm sad to see him go. In spite of how I feel he acted about it all.

Ok thanks for telling me. I wasn't going to ask for any details.... Thats enough, I just wanna know what people talk about :). However new guys join the community so it sure will live on ^^.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk