Author Topic: Minefield Caps?  (Read 3849 times)

Offline carldong

• Full Member Mark III
Minefield Caps?
« on: December 14, 2015, 07:08:00 am »
I saw some old posts saying about placing 1000+ Mines etc. Were mines not capped by then? I always want more of them since 294 can only probably defend 6 wormholes (well ok, that is probably enough most of the cases).

Well, it would be great/cheese to put 1000 of these on beeline of an Exo wave. Now I already put about 3/4 caps of normal and area minefields in front of the FS Exo waves. (BTW, Logistical + Grav + Spider + Riot + Champion loaded with paralyze stuff really slows the waves).

EMP mines are almost useless except for its explosion when I get Spider turrets. Maybe I am not using them correctly, or maybe there are not enough units to make them outperform Spider Turrets. Worse, they don't affect all those Mark V ships in Exo waves.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
Re: Minefield Caps?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 02:30:38 am »
Way back when, mines used to be placed individually. Like you know how the minfield is drawn as a group of mines? Well, it used to be that mines were just one of those, and you placed them one by one. Each one of them detonating once before needing to be rebuilt.
It was only slightly less fiddley than you would imagine (the place 5 and 20 (or is it 10?) at a time bulk place feature really helped out). Because they were always just placed in clumps anyways, they were just grouped together graphically, able to deal multiple hits before going down (as semantically there are now multiple mines), got bigger hit boxes, and correspondingly reduced caps to the solution we have now.

Offline carldong

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 12:29:05 am »
Way back when, mines used to be placed individually. Like you know how the minfield is drawn as a group of mines? Well, it used to be that mines were just one of those, and you placed them one by one. Each one of them detonating once before needing to be rebuilt.
It was only slightly less fiddley than you would imagine (the place 5 and 20 (or is it 10?) at a time bulk place feature really helped out). Because they were always just placed in clumps anyways, they were just grouped together graphically, able to deal multiple hits before going down (as semantically there are now multiple mines), got bigger hit boxes, and correspondingly reduced caps to the solution we have now.

OK. But it would still be interesting to fill the entire system with nothing but Area Minefields...

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 12:32:18 am »
Who are we? Techies?
That would be an hell of an explosion.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk