Author Topic: Laser Gatling too strong?  (Read 2488 times)

Offline laxrulz777

Laser Gatling too strong?
« on: November 04, 2009, 12:23:11 am »
I was under the impression that every ship would have a at least one of the "core" ships that it was weak against. This doesn't seem to truly be the case for Laser Gatlings...

They crush Bombers and Fighers and against Cruisers they're essentially a push

Lvl 1 v Lvl 1: Laser wins 140s, 47%
Lvl 2 v Lvl 2: Cruiser wins 120s, 57%
Lvl 3 v Lvl 3: Cruiser wins 80s, 69%
Lvl 4 v Lvl 4: Cruiser wins 59s, 74%

So it's not until lvl 3 v lvl 3 that you actually start to see some material "wins"...

Is this an artifact of the testing method (where the numbers are based on ship cap and not material cost)?
or does this represent a problem... I know that, in my games, massed laser gatling IIs are brutal early on

of note, the ratio of cruisers cap to laser cap does decline from 3.3ish to 2.8ish at lvl 4...

Offline Kjara

• Hero Member Mark II
Re: Laser Gatling too strong?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 01:25:41 am »
Yeah, they are also decent against turrets and starships (they do lose to a few of the special ships but they are pretty darn good).

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
  • Avatar credit goes to Spookypatrol on League forum
Re: Laser Gatling too strong?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 02:12:25 am »
Generally cruisers are great against all laser gatlings, about the only solid counter for them. Combine that with the fact that you need to bring along bombers and fighters at a minimum, and it's generally good balanced (but i like then because they're the closest this game has to "jack of all trades")
Avid League player and apparently back from the dead!

If we weren't going for your money, you wouldn't have gotten as much value for it!

Oh, wait... *causation loop detonates*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk