Author Topic: A question for design corruption/destruction.  (Read 1605 times)

Offline TheStratovarian

• Newbie Mark II
A question for design corruption/destruction.
« on: September 18, 2014, 03:12:26 am »
I'm running against a stealth master, and a coward on 7.0 in a 6 cluster spread map (sorry, forgot the name). But i have the option for nabbing stealth battleships, my other unlock I've already done is the lightning warhead ships. (I love these ships!) My starting ship was the neinzul snipers (And paying off massively with the 10/10 roaming enclaves I love to run the game with.)

The other unlocks, though all scattered, are infiltrator, eye bot, raptor, etherjets, armored, spider, vampire, plane, teleport station, autocannon, spire railcluster and armor rotter.

I'm curious which I should do here. I tend to hammer with the assault transports and other high health, fast targets. But seeing this, I've never really had much use for stealth really. (AI loves going massive tachyon sentries, so i tend to not bother with most stealth outside the deepstrike champion.)

its a 120 map game, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
Re: A question for design corruption/destruction.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 10:11:47 am »
Notables:
Eye Bots - These double as scouts, which can act as pickets when needed. Their stealth strike abilities and missile, sniper, and force field immunity can be extremely powerful.
Spider - Engine destruction is very useful.
Teleport Station - A lot of fun, and VERY fast at moving a large number of systems. These are great "mid-battle" replacements if you FRD-rally them to the system you are fighting in.
Railcluster - Unless they've been nerfed while I was away, these are amazing ships.
Space Planes - They have an attack range greater than their Radar Dampening range which can be used to great effect.

Offline TheStratovarian

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 02:52:21 pm »
The spiders I had definitely intended to claim, I love being able to cripple fleets for longer range bombardments. Same for the railclusters, I've been facing them early, as to why. I wasn't aware of the eye bots being good, especially force field immunity. Teleport stations, yeah, another good grab. I just never see them anymore to get. I suppose the eyebots and battlestations would work well together.

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 03:52:17 pm »
The biggest downside of Eye Bots is you cannot increase their speed. This makes them very slow, especially noticable in your own systems where your CSs give everything a speed boost. You'll want to use Transports for them. But they certainly are under-rated bonus ships in human hands. In AI hands they can be quite deadly and that's actually the reason they cannot be speed boosted, it is really deadly in AI hands to have super fast, FF ignoring, missile immune, ranged, stealth attackers.

Offline Peter Ebbesen

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 05:04:19 pm »
Eye bots are fun, but in AI hands they can be very dangerous in case you are ever inattentive. Given that you also have infiltrators available, I'd say corrupt the Eye Bots and consider downloading the infiltrators if you want force-field penetration capabilities.

That aside, the Space Planes, Spiders, and Railclusters are all great picks.
Ride the Lightning - a newbie Fallen Spire AAR - the AAR of my second serious AI War game. Now completed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk