Author Topic: Exchange technology with another player?  (Read 1267 times)

Offline junker154

Exchange technology with another player?
« on: February 08, 2014, 02:50:18 am »
I finally was able to get into the game with a friend, we have such a blast. We did 1 game so far which we lost. Now we have nearly vanquished the both AIs.

Is there a way to exchange technologies with your ally? We both researched different stuff and I think I read somewhere that you could exchange techs. So how does it work, if at all? I googled a lot and checked in some forums but to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
Re: Exchange technology with another player?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 07:17:59 am »
Glad to hear you're enjoying the game!
You can't exchange technologies but both of you can gather knowledge from each others planets. So just plan carefully what you unlock.
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Bognor

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 08:16:33 am »
I believe if one of you hacks an ARS with a Research Redirector, you can both separately choose your bonus ship from that world.  Perhaps that's what you were thinking of by "exchange techs".  Also if, for example, you research Mini-Forts, you'll be able to build them on both your planets and your ally's.
Your computer can help defeat malaria!
Please visit the World Community Grid to find out how.

Offline junker154

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 02:03:31 am »
Thanks for the reply, it does make sense that you can't really exchange technologies. I think you could unlock everything way to fast.

Anyway is there a way to give some ressources to your ally? Like converting some metal or crystal to your partner.

Offline alocritani

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 05:39:46 am »
Thanks for the reply, it does make sense that you can't really exchange technologies. I think you could unlock everything way to fast.

Anyway is there a way to give some ressources to your ally? Like converting some metal or crystal to your partner.
According to what I know (never played multi) you should be able to alt+right click and select "give resources".
Also, all resources over the cap (> 999999) are automatically shared between players.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk