Author Topic: Decreasing and Preventing Reprisal  (Read 7261 times)

Offline Shadoz

• Newbie Mark III
Decreasing and Preventing Reprisal
« on: November 05, 2016, 01:12:02 pm »
Hi guys

i have problems with the reprisals and need some advice.

some questions:

1: - mechanic: is it right that if i losse ships on AI worlds they salvage it for the reprisal wave? is it the same if i lost ships / structures on my own planets or only on ai worlds is it relevant?

2: - is this the only way they build up reprisal fleet by salvaging of only MY lossing ships on only AI worlds - or any other ways they use to build it up ?

3: - if i have clean up drones in my attack fleet - do they prevent a little bit the ai to salvage ? or does it not work ?

4: - is there any way / tipp to prevent reprisal / salvaging  or reduce it by a moderate rate ?

5: - if the message comes on right screen for AI1 Reprisal Warning 3 for example ... how to reduce an reprisal level to 1 or 0 ?? with other words after reprisal alerting warning - is there any way to reduce it and cancel it to the status at game start - with no alterting ???

thanks for helping
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 02:10:36 pm by Shadoz »

Offline Timerlane

Re: Decreasing and Preventing Reprisal
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 05:17:37 pm »
1. Yes, but only on AI worlds.

2. Losing your ships on AI worlds is the only way Reprisal is generated.

3. No, and in fact, Cleanup Drones are a largely deprecated unit. AIs don't have Remains Rebuilders, and even if they did, nothing they currently have leaves 'remains'-proper except Mines.

4-5. There is no reversing Reprisal. Don't let the ships actually die(retreat your damaged ships back through the wormhole, repair them with Engineers, and come back later). Use cheaper(in Metal value) ships. Attack with overwhelming force, so the enemy doesn't have time to inflict losses.

Although, if you're seeing Reprisal Level 3 warnings, you are taking extremely excessive losses. There's probably a very nasty Guard Post, Fortress, or an Orbital Mass Driver that you need to take note of, and be sure not to operate ships in the vicinity that are weak against it.

Fortresses wreck anything in range that doesn't have a Polycrystal hull, for example. Orbital Mass Drivers target and generally one-shot any hostile Starships on the whole planet(and as Starships are very expensive, this is one of the fastest ways to rack up massive Reprisal levels).

Look around the enemy planet, mouseover everything, and note the descriptions and damage bonuses they have. You need to find out what specifically is killing you, and probably send a more specialized strike force to remove it before you can go back to 'business as usual'.

Offline Shadoz

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 06:49:32 pm »
thx for answering :-)

ok so dont loos much ships is the best way to delay the reprisal's ...

last questions :

1: - if i have a reprisal warning level 2 / 3 for example ... if the wave arrive an be destroyed - how to decrease the reprisal warning level back down to zero ? at wiki is described - time by time the reprisal level decreases ... automatically ? only wait / actions without more looses of ships and the reprisal level decreases with the time ?

2: - is there a screen or information about the actually "AI metal they savaged from my ships with the value they need to build up a reprisal wave" ? - so that i know how critical it is actually loosing ships befor reprisal warning level 1 starts / wave can be build ???

thanks for heping again ^^

Offline Timerlane

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 10:02:10 pm »
Yes, the key is not to lose a large amount of metal's worth of ships in rapid succession; you are right that the unseen Reprisal Metal 'counter' will drop with time, so Reprisal is not completely inevitable(at least until a 'Level' threshold is crossed).

There is no way to see this counter, though, so the best I can offer is that when you finally see Reprisal Level 1 Warning pop up, strongly consider retreating, unless you're confident you can finish what you're trying to accomplish quickly. Stop the 'bleeding' of ship Metal into the AI planet at that point to keep the Level from rising, and take the opportunity to rebuild your lost ships, so your fleet will be at full strength in preparation for your next attack.

Offline Shadoz

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 01:41:37 pm »
ok thanks for answering :-)

last question only for the 100% understanding ...

the reprisal ONLY increase while loosing ships at the ENEMYS planets ???
so i can scuttle and scrap so many units and structures on my OWN planets i want - reprisal dont increases ... only by loosing units etc. at enemy terretorium ... Right ???

thx

Offline Timerlane

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 04:03:43 pm »
Correct. If absolutely necessary, one can opt to make the planet's ownership 'neutral' by simply destroying the Command Station first, even if enemy ships, Guard Posts, or Fortresses are present. This carries its own risks, but at least any further ship losses will stop feeding Reprisal(and no further direct reinforcements will be sent).

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 06:46:58 am »
Correct. If absolutely necessary, one can opt to make the planet's ownership 'neutral' by simply destroying the Command Station first, even if enemy ships, Guard Posts, or Fortresses are present. This carries its own risks, but at least any further ship losses will stop feeding Reprisal(and no further direct reinforcements will be sent).

Just take note that depending on the planet, this could easily be more !! fun !! than actually just tanking the reprisal wave.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk