Author Topic: AI Hybrid/Advanced Hybrid Intensity  (Read 6205 times)

Offline RabidDonkey

• Newbie Mark II
AI Hybrid/Advanced Hybrid Intensity
« on: October 09, 2017, 12:11:13 am »
The wiki page is a little light about them, but can anyone shed light at what intensity hybrid/advanced hybrid generate the dyson antagonizer and converter (and what's the difference?). Specifically, what intensity to play to AVOID dealing with them, lol, at least for now?

Based on very old posts from 2016, this seems to generate way too many hybrids on large maps and I'm planning a 100+ planet game next so I might set it on like 1 or 2, but I thought maybe this was subsequently balanced/changed? Couldn't find any other posts so any info would be helpful.

Offline Toranth

• Hero Member Mark III
Re: AI Hybrid/Advanced Hybrid Intensity
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 04:14:24 am »
None of the special Hybrid plots happen without Advanced Hybrids being enabled.  The Dyson Antagonizer basically causes the Dyson Sphere to become hostile to the player, no matter what the circumstances may be.  The Dyson Converter is basically a Dyson-sized matter-to-energy conversion device, and its activation is rarely good for the player.
IIRC, Advanced Hybrids triggers the Antagonizer at intensity 4 and the Converter at intensity 7, but I may be off there.

The number of Hybrid spawners and upgrade facilities is determined by the intensity of the normal Hybrids setting.  Again, my memory may be off, but it's something like (intensity * 2) or (intensity * 4) Hybrid spawners per Galaxy.  If you set the intensity down at 1 or 2, there won't be very many Hybrids, regardless of the level of the Advanced Hybrids setting.  Intensity 4 is usually a balanced setting, but if you find Hybrids dominating your games at that level, dropping it may be a good idea.

Offline RabidDonkey

• Newbie Mark II
Re: AI Hybrid/Advanced Hybrid Intensity
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 01:23:58 pm »
Thanks! That's good information.

I'm kept the advanced hybrid intensity down to 1 just to be safe. I'm playing on a huge map so there always seem to be plenty of hybrids running around in any case.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk