Author Topic: 2 Questions: Dire Guardians & Core Fabs  (Read 1463 times)

Offline ErictheRed

• Newbie Mark III
2 Questions: Dire Guardians & Core Fabs
« on: January 23, 2014, 09:38:18 am »
Hey guys I had two questions regarding my current playthrough:

1) I finally found the last Core A Shield Generator but it is adjacent to a planet with a Dire Guardian Lair.  I popped one earlier in my game and it was a traumatic experience.  If I leave this AI planet on alert, how often is this lair going to spawn? Also, when it does spawn, will the D Guardian stay on the AI planet or does it start hunting for me immediately?

2) I found an AI planet with a core fabricator for spire corvettes.  I put a hacker on it to steal the fab plans and it looks like the hack went through but I do not have any options to build this.  Is there a different process for dealing starship fabs and hacking?

Thanks in advance for your help. I love this forum! 

Offline Bognor

Re: 2 Questions: Dire Guardians & Core Fabs
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 08:28:41 pm »
1) I finally found the last Core A Shield Generator but it is adjacent to a planet with a Dire Guardian Lair.  I popped one earlier in my game and it was a traumatic experience.  If I leave this AI planet on alert, how often is this lair going to spawn?
Based on the patch notes, about every hour and a half. 

Also, when it does spawn, will the D Guardian stay on the AI planet or does it start hunting for me immediately?
I'm not certain, but I have a vague memory of someone mentioning it uses the same logic as ordinary threat.

2) I found an AI planet with a core fabricator for spire corvettes.  I put a hacker on it to steal the fab plans and it looks like the hack went through but I do not have any options to build this.  Is there a different process for dealing starship fabs and hacking?
Are you looking in the right place?  Corvettes are built from a Starship Constructor, not a ordinary Space Dock like most bonus ships.  You should see a new button, I think labelled "CORV", when you click a Starship Constructor.  Hopefully you can afford a starship that costs as much as a Modular Fortress.

I love this forum!
:)
Your computer can help defeat malaria!
Please visit the World Community Grid to find out how.

Offline ErictheRed

• Newbie Mark III
Re: 2 Questions: Dire Guardians & Core Fabs
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 12:55:38 pm »
Thanks! I will take a look at my starship constructor and see if I can build them.  I could really use them right now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk