Author Topic: Where are the stats?  (Read 6763 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Jr. Member Mark III
  • Fan of Summer Glau
Where are the stats?
« on: March 04, 2013, 08:48:25 am »
Basically, if I wanted to try out stat tweaks on my own copy, how would I do it?
You are all insane. In. Sane. No argument.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Where are the stats?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 08:49:14 am »
You mean, tweaking the stats of the ships?  They're compiled into the game, so there's not really a way to do that.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Dichotomy

• Jr. Member Mark III
  • Fan of Summer Glau
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 11:06:01 am »
That was what I meant. Keith had mentioned something about balance tweaks being easy, so I thought there might have been an internal table or something. Oh well.

Thanks for the game, Chris!
You are all insane. In. Sane. No argument.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 11:11:25 am »
That was what I meant. Keith had mentioned something about balance tweaks being easy, so I thought there might have been an internal table or something. Oh well.

Thanks for the game, Chris!
They're easy to make for me :)

But yea, all hardcoded.  In theory (i.e. dangerous and really hoses multiplayer) you could hexedit your install's dll to change the main values, but there's dozens of rules that are checked afterward that may override the value, etc.  Basically you'd have to change a significant amount of compiled code to do substantial balance changes.  I've known people who find that kind of thing entertaining, but you seem more interested in sanity than that ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk