Author Topic: Ilostit MOD - Techno-Thief Fake-Expansion  (Read 8664 times)

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
Ilostit MOD - Techno-Thief Fake-Expansion
« on: October 04, 2015, 07:00:39 am »
As AI War is technically impossible to mod by human (only on AI was reported to be able to mod it: Red.Queen), this is not actually a mod. It's a set of rules that players should enforce themselves; the cheat command "ilostit" is used as a way to give units to players as a reward for freewill objectives. This "fake expansion" is designed as a regular AI War expansion: a thematic set of optional rules (like minor factions) adding content in the emergent AI War gameplay.

Techno-Thief

Theme: stealing AI technology

Dire Hijacking
We learned to add some remote control devices to a busted golem in order to use its firepower. Hijacking a Dire Guardian is the same principle; we just need to bust it ourselves first. -- a dauntless engineer.
Prerequisite: Dire Guardian Lairs enabled.
Challenge: the player(s) must destroy a Dire Guardian Lair while the AI Orbital Command Station on the same planet is still there and destroy the three Dire Guardians (the challenge is completed upon the death of the last of the three Dire Guardians).
Reward: each time the challenge is completed, the player must choose a kind of Dire Guardian that was spawn by the Lair's death (if there were identical Guardians, the choice is limited) then use the ilostit command to spawn one on the Lair's planet, under his control. If the player's Dire Guardian is destroyed, it can't be recovered. A player may have multiple Dire Guardians if he achieve the challenge on several Lairs.

Guard Salvaging
Each Guard Post has some special core reactor; this is how the AI build such big turrets. How interesting it would be to study one of them. Unfortunately, most guard post reactors are too fragile and end up wreaked. -- a xenotech scientific.
Prerequisite: at least one AI has "brutal" type.
Challenge: the player(s ) must destroy a Brutal Guard Post on a non-home planet.
Reward: each time the challenge is completed, the player must choose a kind of Guard Post among Missile, MLRS, Needler and Laser, then use the ilostit command to spawn one MkIII, under his control, on a planet he already own (multiple attempts while game is paused are allowed in order to precisely place it). If the Guard Post is destroyed, it can't be recovered. A player may have multiple Guard Posts if he achieve the challenge on several Lairs.

Xenoship Downloading
The AI has developed some weird starships to fight us, but it doesn't seem to store these designs in regular backups. If only I could discover where it conceal them... -- a hacker counter-Intel team member.
Prerequisite: none.
Challenge: the player must complete a Covert Knowledge Extraction hack (and gain all the 3,000 K) on a Planetary Subcommander station.
Reward: each time the challenge is completed, the player gain the right of cheating a design of a guardian, which type depends on the type of the Planetary Subcommander. On a planet he owns, he can "build" (and rebuild) these guardians with the ilostit command (he can't have more than two of each mark simultaneously) and simulate the metal cost by scrapping a starship (flagship, leech, plasma, heavy bomber) of the same mark.
Here is the list of the design stored by each subcommander type (the type of a subcommander may be displayed with the F3 key) :
- Bunkerer : Shield Guardian
- Lobber : Sniper Guardian
- Obstructionist : Tractor Guardian
- Rude Gesture : Zombie Guardian
- Knife Fighter : Vampire Guardian
- Paranoid : Neinzul Carrier Guardian
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
Re: Ilostit MOD - Techno-Thief Fake-Expansion
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 07:12:01 am »
Whadayathink?
Is it balanced enough? Does it sounds fun? Tell me/us if you tried it.
Also, don't hesitate to point out any english mistake of mine.

I need to add the exact ilostit names of each available AI unit. This command is a bit cumbersome.
How nice it would be to have a sort of Game Master role which can click and spawn any unit in the game (y'know, like if the F1 panel would be clickable). Oh, and also some commands to manually and precisely increase/decrease player's metal/knowledge/hacking/etc (oh, and AIP too). Oh, and also a useless hacking device just triggering regular reprisal and eating more and more HaP each time for no purpose that players (and this kind of player-enforced """mod""") could use as risk for an ilostit reward.

Wake up, Pumpkin. You're dreaming.
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 12:22:44 am »
As AI War is technically impossible to mod by human (only on AI was reported to be able to mod it: Red.Queen)

It just requires a lot of patience and a deep knowledge of the bytecode.  I've done similar things in Java.
Ylw'nafh r'luh phlegeth. Ystell'bsna kadishtu k'yarnak yorr'e gotha. Y'hah.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 04:25:54 am »
As AI War is technically impossible to mod by human (only on AI was reported to be able to mod it: Red.Queen)

It just requires a lot of patience and a deep knowledge of the bytecode.  I've done similar things in Java.
Ylw'nafh r'luh phlegeth. Ystell'bsna kadishtu k'yarnak yorr'e gotha. Y'hah.

Yeah, but now Arcen has unofficially acknowledged the fact that AI War deserves a big revamp and a mod-friendly design, this kind of stuff may see play... one day...

This is the kind of mod/MF ideas I'm stashing in my mind. The day AIW2 is out, I'll jump in it and implement them all!!! >D

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 05:24:39 pm »
Yeah, but now Arcen has unofficially acknowledged the fact that AI War deserves a big revamp and a mod-friendly design, this kind of stuff may see play... one day...

Yup.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk