Author Topic: GFX Mod: Alternate Colony Ship Sprite (Revision 2)  (Read 13168 times)

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
GFX Mod: Alternate Colony Ship Sprite (Revision 2)
« on: December 19, 2009, 12:50:56 am »
Revision 2 - No Animation, no blue glow, no glow at all.. just a new sprite, for the purists ;)

Oh yes... install, extract colony ship rar in your AI War directory, back up the images/ships/colony Ship directory first.

And as extra the 3d rendering of the ship.. though it looks quite different ;p
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 09:02:56 pm by eRe4s3r »
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline FFLaguna

• Newbie Mark III
Re: GFX Mod: Alternate Colony Ship Sprite
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 01:40:02 pm »
Cool job. However, my biggest beef with the Colony Ship is that the large blue area makes the entire ship look dumb. With your mod it doesn't look like a suppository anymore, but I wish you could do something about the silly blue color. ;)

Offline I-KP

• Caveat Pactor
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 01:57:09 pm »
I am surpised that 'the blue bit' on the colony ship is causing such emnity but a giant monkey's head as the Leech starship goes unmentioned!  You people are weird.
 ;)
Atmospheric & Lithospheric Reticulator,
Post-accretion Protoplanet Aesthetic Seeding Team,
Celestial Body Design & Procurement Division,
Magrathea Pan-Galactic Planets Corp.,
Magrathea.

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 03:16:14 pm »
No kidding!  ;D

You know if you hate the blue you can open it up in photoshop and simply desaturate that part ;)

Its blue because.. the original was blue - though sure i can make it non-blue .. i guess
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline Fiskbit

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Master Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 12:33:27 am »
I am surpised that 'the blue bit' on the colony ship is causing such emnity but a giant monkey's head as the Leech starship goes unmentioned!  You people are weird.
 ;)

That was one I was hoping would get replaced during the graphic overhauls, but when I mentioned this, I was basically told how awesome it is, so that was that. :P I pretend now that it's a paint job on the ship to make it more terrifying, heh.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.  Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
Re: GFX Mod: Alternate Colony Ship Sprite (Revision 2)
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 12:39:05 am »
I always see blue pills flying around and i needn't tell you what that relates to (and their shape of all things..) :D I must be perverted or something...

Well, heres a fix for them for those who don't want flying....... blue things ^^

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
  • Avatar credit goes to Spookypatrol on League forum
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 02:35:38 am »
Getting back on topic...
I'm initiating a petition for using this as a replacement for the current colony ship, the current one looks uh-gly. This is cool looking!
On that note, is it possible to make a modified version of the model for the transport?
Avid League player and apparently back from the dead!

If we weren't going for your money, you wouldn't have gotten as much value for it!

Oh, wait... *causation loop detonates*

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 02:38:55 am »
Sure i can extend it randomly/in all ways, but what would you want it to look like as Transporter Version?  ;)

Just, fatter?

Also this doesn't replace the menu icons at all (sorry, but i am not really the dude you want to ask for miniature pixel art..) I tried doing these myself but small icons of that size i can not render...

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
  • Avatar credit goes to Spookypatrol on League forum
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 02:46:38 am »
Something like, has extensions off the side wings that have some sort of docking clamps looking things on it or something would work wonders!
Avid League player and apparently back from the dead!

If we weren't going for your money, you wouldn't have gotten as much value for it!

Oh, wait... *causation loop detonates*

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 05:57:16 am »
Well done that ;) Same style as well...

No more blue pills of doom, and blue pills stacked on top of each other transport of doom  ;D

Offline Baleur

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 09:57:20 am »
I like the original blue pills!  ;D

Offline raptor331

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 10:04:58 am »
I think you guys should try remaking the fortress, and make it look more menacing and more like a slow mobile space station.

Offline FFLaguna

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 11:22:07 am »
I think you guys should try remaking the fortress, and make it look more menacing and more like a slow mobile space station.

I think that's a decent idea! The fortress sprite never really struck me as "right".

And pretty soon we're going to have him redesigning all the in-game sprites... :)

Offline zebramatt

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 03:05:33 pm »
AI War Total Conversion, anyone?

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 03:20:42 pm »
The AI progress increases by 100 for every hacked png file.

"I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk