Author Topic: Baleur Art Mods: Galaxy Map  (Read 13921 times)

Offline Baleur

• Jr. Member Mark II
Baleur Art Mods: Galaxy Map
« on: March 25, 2010, 11:05:33 am »
Hey  ;)
I started a small "space environment gfx overhaul" project, and here's the second part changing the galaxy map!
I pretty much started this because while i loved the gameplay, i felt that AI War is lacking in the space-feeling, especially in the galaxy map.
And of course it's okay to be used in whatever manner you users, or devs, want  :)
Feel free to edit the textures yourself to find something that suits you!

Included a backup of the original textures as well.
This is my galaxy map overhaul using nothing but real-life pictures, might get updated in the not so distant future but I'm pretty happy with it so far.
There will most likely be updates, as right now the nebulas in the map are slightly offset (the game centers them on their corner, because it was only intended for 128x128 textures)
There may also be some warp-line overlap, but as the lines and stars are drawn over everything else, its not really a problem. In fact its quite nice to imagine that a particular star system is "inside" that nebula :D

Install
1. Copy the contents within the mod folder to "C:\Wherever\AI War Fleet Command" (overwrite existing files)
1. Enjoy!

Uninstall
1. Copy the contents within the backup folder to "C:\Wherever\AI War Fleet Command" (overwrite existing files)

Download mirror! (if the attachment doesnt work here)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=979DI1UV

Also made the grid/edge slightly more blue for that space-ocean feeling. Screenshots!!  :D

Galaxy Map (yes, even the black hole gfx is a real-life picture!  :o)

« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 03:03:29 am by Baleur »

Offline Doddler

Re: Baleur Art Mods: Galaxy Map
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 01:46:01 pm »
Wow, that definately does look nice.  I'll have to give it a whirl!  It certainly looks busier than usual, almost distractingly so, I'm kind of concerned that the regular art for planets won't stand out well against the background.  Well, maybe I'll just have to play with those images. :)

A bit unrelated, the star names you have, those are actual star names right?  I was actually thinking of doing something like that at some point.  Is that planet name list available on the forums at all?

Offline XRsyst

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 03:04:49 pm »
These look great too, can't wait to give them a shot.

Offline superking

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 06:07:44 pm »
really nice!

it might work well to fade/blur it out a bit so it isnt so distracting, but it gives a much stronger feeling of space than the default backgrounds  :)

Offline Amonchakad

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 05:10:04 am »
Hello, I'd like to use this galaxy map, but I can't find the usual download link at the end of the post, and the download mirror isn't working anymore:( Can anyone reupload it?

Offline Amonchakad

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 08:54:47 am »
...anyone?  :-\ Baleur didn't answer my PM yet, does anyone still have the Mod files? I'd really really like to try it.

rubikscube

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 05:01:47 pm »
so sparkly

Offline Baleur

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 03:03:55 am »
Yeah updated the link, didn't know filefront removed files after a while >_<

Offline Dragon

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 12:38:09 am »
I have to say, I love the images, very cool.  And the star names being actual star names is just freaking awesome.  It would be cool to have this added into the official game somehow....

Offline Adrien35

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2019, 07:15:34 pm »
I could see this mod on a video, it's beautiful. Will the mod be available again ? the link doesn't work anymore. or send me the file by email.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk