Author Topic: Forum Regulars -PhilRoi's Invitational (come celebrate my return from a warzone)  (Read 8546 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
That's why you see things like COBOL.NET (no joke).

::Googles::

:o

Yeah, I really remember being surprised by that, too.  .NET has about a jillion languages on it -- F#, Ruby, and a bunch of other more esoteric (archaic?) ones, like COBOL.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Pandemic

• Full Member Mark II
Re: Forum Regulars -PhilRoi's Invitational (come celebrate my return from a warz
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2009, 06:44:58 pm »
I exist (probably, but we'll leave that to philosophers :P)!!

So ya, stuff happens... and people vanish. Like me :P. Then I was suddenly like *facepalm* "I said I'd play a game with AI Warriors (I want to say "Warrers", but that doesn't look right...)  in September :o" *rushes to forum to see if game has already been played*

Not quite sure how you guys got on the topic of multithreading, but quite interesting, seeing as I've been messing around with it and Python recently. Very interesting stuff...

Anyway, point. First, is Phil still planning on hosting this? Second, has he already?

If the answer to the second is yes, then I'm sorry :(. I don't normally run out on people like that :P.

And woah snap, where'd everybody come from? That's creepy :-X. I liked the small-group-thing we had goin' on a while back...

-Pandemic
http://www.di.fm/wma/trance.asx
"Freedom is the ability to say 2 plus 2 makes 4. If that is granted, all else follows."  -George Orwell, 1984

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Nope, you didn't miss it.  Hasn't happened yet!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Pandemic

• Full Member Mark II
Re: Forum Regulars -PhilRoi's Invitational (come celebrate my return from a warz
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2009, 02:53:10 pm »
Well that's good. I hate bailing on people after I said I'd be there... Now if you guys didn't need/want me playing for some reaosn, that'd be different, but unless I hear otherwise I'm going to try my best to show up :P.

And wow dude. I updated and BAM!, massive changes. Is there like, a huge list of changes somewhere? I suppose I could download each change-log separately, but that'd be really annoying...

Oh, and for some random reason (I don't claim to understand how my brain works...) I decided that it was a good idea to check out the video-tutorials on the main page. You may want to consider getting somebody to update them, X, as they're still running vers < 1.8 (I think? Somewhere around there anyway...). It *looks* dated, and I can't imagine that the actual walk-you-through part is too helpful anymore, due to massive changes.

Now, back to relearning how to ride a bike...

-Pandemic
"Freedom is the ability to say 2 plus 2 makes 4. If that is granted, all else follows."  -George Orwell, 1984

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
All of the release notes are in the ReleaseNotes folder under the game installation folder.  It's one file per release, some of them are really huge and I don't try to combine them.

For the video tutorials, I know those are really dated and I plan to redo those as part of the 2.0 release.  I've basically been waiting for that.  Those ones are actually from, I believe, something like 0.960, or maybe 1.002 or so.  Definitely pre-1.004, which was the first Impulse version.

Just one of the many things on my list for 2.0! ;)

Offline Pandemic

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2009, 03:01:45 pm »
Wow, and I was back to forgetting how epic awsome a dev replying quickly to my posts is...

Anyway, cool. Looks like I'm in for a nice read there...

And good, long as you're aware :).

And in completely unrelated news: Ooooooooh, shiny new interface ;D

-Pandemic

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Glad you like it. :)

One of my alpha testers was gone for about a month and a half, too, and he just came back this weekend and was really surprised just how much had changed, too.

Offline PhilRoi

• Jr. Member Mark II
WOOT!   FREEDOM!  i've been discharged from active duty!   I'm headed back home now.   I'n about a week or 2 I'll be there and we can get this game rolling!

later gents!

(Now i have to go drool over and learn all the updates!)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Congrats!  And just in time for 2.0, too! ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk