Author Topic: So I just tried Defender Mode  (Read 6740 times)

Offline Phantom

• Newbie Mark II
So I just tried Defender Mode
« on: February 11, 2012, 09:46:13 pm »
I just tried defender mode again starting with 3 planets containing stealth battleship, shield bearers, and snipers. I set AI difficulty to 5 and 6 and did the plain old setup forcefields, tachyon, and gravitational turrets and continously adding turrets around the planets as much as my power can handle. I also control my fleet of ships from 1 planet to another depending on which swarm of AIs come first. They didn't take out any of my command stations until the part that I have already won the game.

I set the time to survive 1 hour.

The first time I tried it and set it to 30 minute with level 6 & 7 AIs, they came too swift too early and destroyed me.

Anyways, any advice on how one should set up defender mode?

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: So I just tried Defender Mode
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 09:50:39 pm »
It's worked well for me when taking the central planet an inner ring of an 80-planet concentric map (trying for 8-12 planets total) on 45 minutes.  Against diff 7/7.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Phantom

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 11:05:10 pm »
hmm concentric do look like the best type for defender mode considering its circularness and only one way entrances from the middle. Should I start with bonus ship also if I pick a middle and then some bonus ship station far about ready to be blown up? :p

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
  • If you're not drunk you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 04:54:05 am »
hmm concentric do look like the best type for defender mode considering its circularness and only one way entrances from the middle. Should I start with bonus ship also if I pick a middle and then some bonus ship station far about ready to be blown up? :p
Huh?  I admit to beer but I really don't understand the question.
... and then we'll have cake.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 08:28:43 am »
You won't lose unless you lose all your planets, but the AI's wave sizes will be proportional to the number of planets you started with, so if you lose 1+ early on you'll have fewer resources than you "should" for that level of attack.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk