Author Topic: Yet another 10/10  (Read 4394 times)

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
Re: Yet another 10/10
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 10:01:01 am »
I won this game mainly due to extra data centers that Alarmist gets

Yea, others have mentioned that the extra data center AIs are actually easier, because frequently you can get around gaining the extra AIP that killing their extra structures give. I think the number of extra data centers spawned by those types needs to go down. By how many? IDK

It is generally far too easy to operate in AI territory.

Agreed, the AIs defense is currently lackluster. I will spare you all the AI defense suggestions I have made though, as I'm pretty sure you have already seen most of them (and you even voted up some of them)
I voted up your suggestion, BTW.

I think removing the ability to cloak warheads is called for. Before cloaker starships, there was always a good chance of warheads going horribly, horribly wrong.

I was surprised that warheads don't currently have an immunity to being cloaked. They need it for these very reasons.

I also think all AI homeworlds should have either a counterspy or a planetwide tachyon emitter.

Always having a planetwide tachyon emitter seems a bit overkill (though having it be a special structure for a new AI type, and thus have a RARE chance of seeding for other AIs may be cool)
However, if the AI does not have this structure, always having a counterspy on their home is a good idea. I always try to keep a counterspy on my home for similar reasons.

Offline Minotaar

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 10:19:54 am »
Homeworlds should at least be able to reinforce with Tachyon Guardians, and maybe do a planet-wide pulse from time to time. Right now Cloaker Starships have it so easy on the homeworlds using them almost seems mandatory  :)
And congrats on the victory  :)

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2012, 10:29:56 am »
I don't think warheads need cloaking immunity (correction: I don't want to lose its tactically flexibility it allows), but I would be tempted to have the ai bathe the core worlds with tachyon radation 30 seconds or so, like they do when getting hacked and/or make the homeworlds themselves act like Military Command Station III's and prevent any cloaking at all.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 10:34:02 am by chemical_art »
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline Faulty Logic

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Bane of the AI
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2012, 02:33:11 pm »
I just remembered another exploit:
When schizo waves travel across planets, they arrive in distinct speed groups, allowing riot tractor grabs as they start to gather at your wormholes. This, combined with riot tractor grabs allowed me to survive what should have been a warhead-requiring situation (or loss) without them (the CRE wave).
Could schizo waves group move when they travel cross-planet to avoid this?
If warheads can't solve it, use more warheads.

Offline rabican

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2012, 03:31:15 pm »
I won this game mainly due to extra data centers that Alarmist gets, dealing with the alarm posts rather than the AIP, which was easier than it should have been because...

It is generally far too easy to operate in AI territory. I would like the AI to have defence fleets, which patrol around, and are attracted to large human forces.
(http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=9137)

I think removing the ability to cloak warheads is called for. Before cloaker starships, there was always a good chance of warheads going horribly, horribly wrong.

I also think all AI homeworlds should have either a counterspy or a planetwide tachyon emitter.

Finally, I think that 10 AIs should get another brutal pick.

agreed on everything. Although instead of giving AI home worlds extra brutal pick, i would give one for each of the core worlds

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2012, 03:53:12 pm »
You realize that means you'll likely need to clear all Core Worlds to knock out the Raid and CPA Posts that will all be triggered when you attack the home world?  On Lattice, that could be 8xRaid Engines!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2012, 03:54:42 pm »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline rabican

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2012, 04:14:18 pm »
sounds good ! Ohkay maybe  lesser brutal pick, swap raid engines with munition boosters :)

Offline Faulty Logic

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Bane of the AI
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2012, 04:08:42 pm »
I can just imagine core ships with a x128 attack boost...
Maybe an interplanetary brutal pick (raid engine or inter-p munitions) on only one of the core worlds.
If warheads can't solve it, use more warheads.

Offline rabican

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2012, 06:15:16 pm »
that would require 127  munitions boosters, multiple ones add to damage boost instead of multiplying it.

but yeah that wasn't really serious suggestion.

What i originally wanted to say that i think some other mean of boosting home (and core worlds too, more so mayhaps, they are pretty wimpy) than just adding brutal pick. Adding brutal pick would likely make throwing gazillion warheads at the home world only possible way to take it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk