Author Topic: The AI 9 through 10 run  (Read 65658 times)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: The AI 9 through 10 run
« Reply #255 on: June 04, 2012, 11:52:59 am »
You know, you are going to have to put Wanderer's name into your game credits as someone who can beat 10/10 in a fair fight.
We probably do need a list like that but I'd probably miss some names.  Darke did it in the 2.x days I think (it was a pretty specific setup, two Teleporter Turtles, iirc, so doesn't really count but it was possibly the first such victory recorded).  Fruden did it in the 3.x days (http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,6100.0.html , and
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,7280.0.html against two technologist AIs, for goodness sake; that was when waves were hard-capped at 2000 each, iirc).
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #256 on: June 04, 2012, 12:04:51 pm »
Man, seeing those 3.x screenshots made me realize how much I miss the minimap and the score/player list display.
I can sort of understand why the minimap was removed though. It turned out to be a major performance hog, right?

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
  • If you're not drunk you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #257 on: June 04, 2012, 01:52:32 pm »
You know, you are going to have to put Wanderer's name into your game credits as someone who can beat 10/10 in a fair fight. Or at least reference his achievement in the title of the next release.

I appreciate the compliment, and thank you.  However, I'm not sure that's warranted until I beat 10/10 after these balance changes.
... and then we'll have cake.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #258 on: June 04, 2012, 02:19:46 pm »
However, I'm not sure that's warranted until I beat 10/10 after these balance changes.
Nah, 10/10 even in its semi-nerfed state was quite a deed.  I'm sure the AI would like to throw a commemorative party.

With Cake.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
  • If you're not drunk you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #259 on: June 04, 2012, 10:08:59 pm »
However, I'm not sure that's warranted until I beat 10/10 after these balance changes.
Nah, 10/10 even in its semi-nerfed state was quite a deed.  I'm sure the AI would like to throw a commemorative party.

With Cake.

... and there's science to be done for the people who are.. still alive....
... and then we'll have cake.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk