Author Topic: Taking Screenshots  (Read 43590 times)

Offline raptor331

Re: Taking Screenshots
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 11:49:45 am »
I used img

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 11:51:53 am »
yeah.. but what link!  :D - post it here, here in this topic you can experiment because its stickied, so it doesn't affect the posts below..
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline raptor331

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 12:03:20 pm »
Code: [Select]
[URL=http://s804.photobucket.com/albums/yy325/Raptor331/?action=view&current=WormHoleDefence.png][IMG]http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy325/Raptor331/th_WormHoleDefence.png[/IMG][/URL]

Offline raptor331

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 12:05:37 pm »

figured it out :D

Offline syndicatedragon

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 09:47:51 pm »
 I don't participate in the Steam betas, but supposedly the beta Steam client allows you take screenshots which are stored in the Steam cloud (no need for Photobucket or whatever).

Offline Diazo

• Master Member Mark II
  • I love/hate Diff 10
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 02:11:44 pm »
Yes, the Steam screenshot key (F12 by default) will save a screenshot to your steam profile. You can then go into your Steam profile and make it public on your profile if you want.

Note that this overrides the AI War screenshot function, I had F12 bound to screenshot in the AI War options but Steam was intercepting it so I could only take Steam screenshots, I could not save a screenshot to disk via AI War. Went and rebound AI War's screenshot key to F11 to get around this.

I can't remember if F12 is AI war's default screenshot key or if I changed it, but just a heads up for you guys about this quirk.

D.

Offline Cyborg

• Master Member Mark III
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2012, 08:38:24 pm »
The latest and greatest image site is imgur. You can drag-and-drop images right onto the webpage without even having to register. From there, you click upload and then you copy in the BBcode ready to use forum link on the right-hand side of the page.
Kahuna strategy guide:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13369.0.html

Suggestions, bugs? Don't be lazy, give back:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Planetcracker. Believe it.

The stigma of hunger. http://wayw.re/Vi12BK

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2012, 10:13:33 pm »
agreed, imgur is great ^^
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2012, 01:28:25 pm »
Yes, the Steam screenshot key (F12 by default) will save a screenshot to your steam profile. You can then go into your Steam profile and make it public on your profile if you want.

Note that this overrides the AI War screenshot function, I had F12 bound to screenshot in the AI War options but Steam was intercepting it so I could only take Steam screenshots, I could not save a screenshot to disk via AI War. Went and rebound AI War's screenshot key to F11 to get around this.

I can't remember if F12 is AI war's default screenshot key or if I changed it, but just a heads up for you guys about this quirk.

D.
I always take all my screenshots with F12. The screenshots are saved in 2 folders (1 screenshot taken, 2 images created)
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ai war fleet command\RuntimeData\Screenshots"
and
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\41085946\760\remote\40400\screenshots"

Also I use photobucket. Uploading the images is easy and fast. It's also easier to use and more intuitive than imgur.
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Volatar

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Patient as a rock
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2012, 07:55:11 pm »
Also I use photobucket. Uploading the images is easy and fast. It's also easier to use and more intuitive than imgur.

What can be more intuitive than drag and drop?

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2012, 02:34:28 am »

What can be more intuitive than drag and drop?
Good and easy to read UI.
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2012, 07:02:16 am »
Then IMGUR is better, because you don't need a GUI at all

click your imgur bookmark
Drag file into window
Done.

That said, Photobucket has annoying bandwidth limits and that is why I am not using it. For uploading a dozen of files, IMGUR is still superior, because you can share entire image albums anonymously

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk