Author Topic: Oh. Dear. Lord.  (Read 16394 times)

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
  • If you're not drunk you're doing it wrong.
Re: Oh. Dear. Lord.
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2012, 12:25:36 am »
Thread title is coming into play here...

Alright, just so I can keep track of the things I've tried, I end up with my autosave at 6.5 minutes till CPA.

Things tried:
-Overload Poker with FF IIs and Spider Turrets
-Jump one of the release planets nearby and stall for time.
-Swap out for a Log I on Poker and attempt to kite, including with Poker Overload of Spider Turrets and FF IIs.
-- This almost worked twice, but not enough.  I can't get enough spread on the Zombards and Siege machines which eventually knock my fleet out when the paralyzers get to them.
- EMP mine abuse.  This was so so, but eventually, no joy.  Enough EMP-proof stuff gets in and they just plow a hole for everything else.

Included in this mess is the apparently mandatory double-tap of a massive wave hitting Matrix.  Depending on the roll depends on what I end up facing.  It's been everything from 1800 Cutlasses which just blow through the system to 600 something or others which died on entry.  Sometimes the CPA supports it, sometimes it doesn't.

I've tried about 12 times to see if I can figure out a way to blunt this assault, but in the end I have to face a simple fact... my current defenses cannot defend against 3,000 ships in all directions.  That wave in particular pretty much puts the last nail in the coffin.  There is of course one other method.  Warheads.  I could just NUKE one of the entry systems when it's got 600+ ships in it.  Heck, at one point I'd lured over 1500 ships into one of my systems.  The problem with this is a nuke this early, or even significant warhead usage, would completely erase the late game chances I might have.

.... and on going back in for attempt #13 I find I managed to survive through another autosave in a completely untenable position... D'OH!  So be it, going back to the 1:50 save.  Ah well.  I learned a bunch of things that WON'T work however... XD
... and then we'll have cake.

Offline LordSloth

• Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2012, 12:48:17 am »
What mark are the ships? are there enough low mark ships that a mark 3 emp or two for a full ninety seconds of stun can help? I mean, EMP-immune stuff is getting in, but I'm at a bit of a loss.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2012, 10:14:14 am »
748 MK II, 560 MK I, 104 MK III, and 604 MK II from strategic Reserve.
Welcome to the new High Difficulty, we're just getting started.

Included in this mess is the apparently mandatory double-tap of a massive wave hitting Matrix.
It doesn't intentionally line up the wave with the CPA but the "when will the next wave hit?" is already set as of the launching of the last wave, or something like that.  I don't recall the exact sequence of events but suffice it to say that the wave timer ain't budging much. 

Warheads.
Seems like a judicious EMP-I or EMP-II could delay a chunk of the cpa long enough for you to "process" their overeager fellows.

But yea, nukes just aren't on the table for high-difficulty early-game.  Late game, oh yes, but not early.

D'OH!  So be it, going back to the 1:50 save.  Ah well.  I learned a bunch of things that WON'T work however... XD
And knowing is half the ba-*sniper'd*

(didn't know about the sniper, lost that half of the battle)

I'm curious if you have the special forces log file (if advanced-logging is on) from those cpa's, because it also contains the record of what exactly the strategic reserve was dumping into the CPA.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2012, 01:00:31 pm »
I'm curious if you have the special forces log file (if advanced-logging is on) from those cpa's, because it also contains the record of what exactly the strategic reserve was dumping into the CPA.

As requested, the most recent one in the log:
Code: [Select]

10/18/2012 9:11:50 PM (5.097)
-----------------------------------
Doing Special Forces Spawn; Game Time: 3:30:00
baseSizeFactor = 19.8
specialDifficultyFactor = Game.Instance.Options.TotalSpecialDifficultyModifier (based on difficulty, homeworld count, handicap) = 4
effectiveAIP = 97
aiTypeMultiplier = (1 + 2 per Special Forces Captain AI) = 1
specialForcesPostsInNonAITerritoryMultiplier = Mat.One + ( FInt.FromParts( 0, 050 ) * numberOfSpecialForcesPostsInNonAITerritory ) = 1
specialForcesStrengthCap = baseSizeFactor * difficultyFactor * effectiveAIP * aiTypeMultiplier * specialForcesPostsInNonAITerritoryMultiplier = 7681.38
strengthMissing = specialForcesStrengthCap - totalExistingSpecialForcesStrength = 6865.89
percentMissing = strengthMissing / specialForcesStrengthCap = 0.89
maxNumberOfSecondsToSpawn196Strength = ( ( 196 * 100 ) / specialForcesStrengthCap ) * 60 = 153.09
actualNumberOfSecondsToSpawn196Strength = maxNumberOfSecondsToSpawn196Strength - ( ( maxNumberOfSecondsToSpawn196Strength / 2 ) * percentMissing ) = 84.67
strengthToSpawn = (FInt)( secondsPerSpawnCheck * 196 ) / actualNumberOfSecondsToSpawn196Strength = 145.83
strengthToSpawn = Min(strengthToSpawn,strengthMissing) = 145.83
allocating 0.24 out of 1 (35.25 strength) for role: None , eligible types:MissileShipII, VorticularCutlassII, ZenithAutoBombII, ZenithMirrorII, ZenithParalyzerII, ZenithPolarizerII, ZenithViralShredderII, ZenithMedicFrigateII
allocating 0.51 out of 1 (74.69 strength) for role: AntiBomber , eligible types:FighterII, ZenithReprocessorII
allocating 0.14 out of 1 (20.15 strength) for role: LongRange , eligible types:ZenithBombardmentII
allocating 0 out of 1 (0 strength) for role: CopperPlatedBastard , eligible types:
allocating 0 out of 1 (0 strength) for role: Tractor , eligible types:
allocating 0 out of 1 (0 strength) for role: Gravity , eligible types:
allocating 0 out of 1 (0 strength) for role: Reclamator , eligible types:
allocating 0.11 out of 1 (15.67 strength) for role: DefenseCracker , eligible types:BomberII, ZenithElectricBomberII, ZenithBeamFrigateII, ZenithChameleonII, ZenithSiegeEngineII
actually bought:
1 ZenithViralShredderII @ 2 each, so total for line = 2
1 ZenithPolarizerII @ 2 each, so total for line = 2
2 ZenithMedicFrigateII @ 24 each, so total for line = 48
1 FighterII @ 2 each, so total for line = 2
4 ZenithReprocessorII @ 24 each, so total for line = 96
3 ZenithBombardmentII @ 8 each, so total for line = 24
1 ZenithBeamFrigateII @ 4 each, so total for line = 4
1 ZenithElectricBomberII @ 10.11 each, so total for line = 10.11
1 ZenithSiegeEngineII @ 12 each, so total for line = 12
Grand total: 15 ships, 200.11 strength

Doing Threat Fleet Logic regular check; Game Time: 3:30:00
Fleet power check:
totalExistingThreatFleetFirepowerNotOnTarget:7233
totalExistingThreatFleetFirepowerOnTarget:0
humanFirepowerMustBeThisHighToCountAsBlockingPlanet:723
humanFirepowerMustBeThisLowToBeAttackable:3616
lowestSpeedAnywhere:44
typeCausingLowestSpeedAnywhere:AIGuardianLightningII
lowestSpeedOffTarget:44
typeCausingLowestSpeedOffTarget:AIGuardianLightningII
Keeping current target planet (Macross) because allied firepower on that planet already exceeds human firepower there, but human firepower has not dropped below 1/4 the bottom threshold.  Dropping speed limit to get there asap, math breakdown:
planet.HumanMilitaryFirepowerSim:35998
humanFirepowerMustBeThisHighToCountAsBlockingPlanet/4:180

Strategic Reserve Logic check; Game Time: 3:30:00
*Computing MaxStrategicReserve for player 8
baseStrengthFactor = 19.8
specialDifficultyFactor = Game.Instance.Options.TotalSpecialDifficultyModifier (based on difficulty, homeworld count, handicap) = 4
effectiveAIP = 97
maxStrategicReserve = baseStrengthFactor * difficultyFactor * effectiveAIP = 7681.38
*Computing MaxStrategicReserve for player 9
effectiveAIP = 97
maxStrategicReserve = baseStrengthFactor * difficultyFactor * effectiveAIP = 7681.38
*Doing add-to-reserve check for player 8
playerMaxStrategicReserve = 7681.38
playerCurrentStoredReserve = 4084.52
strengthMissing = playerMaxStrategicReserve - playerCurrentStoredReserve = 3596.85
numberOfSecondsToSpawn196Strength = ( ( 196 * 100 ) / playerMaxStrategicReserve ) * 60 = 153.09
strengthToSpawn = (FInt)( secondsPerAddToReserveCheck * 196 ) / numberOfSecondsToSpawn196Strength = 89.62
strengthToSpawn = Min(strengthToSpawn,strengthMissing) = 89.62
new reserve strength for player = 4174.14
*Doing add-to-reserve check for player 9
playerMaxStrategicReserve = 7681.38
playerCurrentStoredReserve = 4084.52
strengthMissing = playerMaxStrategicReserve - playerCurrentStoredReserve = 3596.85
numberOfSecondsToSpawn196Strength = ( ( 196 * 100 ) / playerMaxStrategicReserve ) * 60 = 153.09
strengthToSpawn = (FInt)( secondsPerAddToReserveCheck * 196 ) / numberOfSecondsToSpawn196Strength = 89.62
strengthToSpawn = Min(strengthToSpawn,strengthMissing) = 89.62
new reserve strength for player = 4174.14

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2012, 01:08:54 pm »
Thanks :)  But that just has the bit where the strategic reserve is growing, not the bit where it's contributing to the CPA.  That will contain the string "Strategic Reserve contributing to CPA".

But while I'm in there, this bit from the Special Forces entry:

allocating 0.51 out of 1 (74.69 strength) for role: AntiBomber , eligible types:FighterII, ZenithReprocessorII
Explains the reprocessor preponderence in the response fleets.  It's considering the Reproc an anti-bomber ship (due to polycrystal multiplier of 8), and SF loves anti-bomber.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2012, 01:12:02 pm »
Ah hah!  Sorry, you want this one then:

10/18/2012 9:06:13 PM (5.097)
Strategic Reserve contributing to CPA; Game Time: 3:25:24
*Computing MaxStrategicReserve for player 8
effectiveAIP = 97
*Computing MaxStrategicReserve for player 9
effectiveAIP = 97
**Doing Strategic Reserve Deployment to (Pre-filling CPA)
maxAllowedReserveDeploymentPercent = 0.5
playerMaxStrategicReserve = 15362.75
playerCurrentStoredReserve = 15362.75 (100%)
existingStrategicReservesStrengthOnPlanet = 0
strengthToSpawn = Min(playerCurrentStoredReserve,( playerMaxStrategicReserve * maxAllowedReserveDeploymentPercent ) - existingStrategicReservesStrengthOnPlanet) = 7681.38
maxTargetPopulation = 1008
currentPopulation = 0
allocating 0.02 out of 1 (172.53 strength) for role: None , eligible types:MissileShipII, VorticularCutlassII, ZenithAutoBombII, ZenithMirrorII, ZenithParalyzerII, ZenithPolarizerII, ZenithViralShredderII, ZenithMedicFrigateII
allocating 0.03 out of 1 (258.8 strength) for role: AntiBomber , eligible types:FighterII, ZenithReprocessorII
allocating 0.03 out of 1 (258.8 strength) for role: LongRange , eligible types:ZenithBombardmentII
allocating 0 out of 1 (0 strength) for role: CopperPlatedBastard , eligible types:
allocating 0 out of 1 (0 strength) for role: Tractor , eligible types:
allocating 0 out of 1 (0 strength) for role: Gravity , eligible types:
allocating 0 out of 1 (0 strength) for role: Reclamator , eligible types:
allocating 0.91 out of 1 (6987.5 strength) for role: DefenseCracker , eligible types:BomberII, ZenithElectricBomberII, ZenithBeamFrigateII, ZenithChameleonII, ZenithSiegeEngineII
actually bought:
2 MissileShipII @ 4 each, so total for line = 8
2 ZenithPolarizerII @ 4 each, so total for line = 8
3 ZenithParalyzerII @ 4 each, so total for line = 12
1 VorticularCutlassII @ 1.96 each, so total for line = 1.96
3 ZenithMedicFrigateII @ 48 each, so total for line = 144
2 ZenithAutoBombII @ 4 each, so total for line = 8
1 ZenithMirrorII @ 4 each, so total for line = 4
1 ZenithViralShredderII @ 4 each, so total for line = 4
9 FighterII @ 4 each, so total for line = 36
5 ZenithReprocessorII @ 48 each, so total for line = 240
17 ZenithBombardmentII @ 16 each, so total for line = 272
136 BomberII @ 4 each, so total for line = 544
121 ZenithElectricBomberII @ 20.21 each, so total for line = 2445.46
120 ZenithBeamFrigateII @ 8 each, so total for line = 960
113 ZenithChameleonII @ 4 each, so total for line = 452
108 ZenithSiegeEngineII @ 24 each, so total for line = 2592
Grand total: 644 ships, 7731.42 strength
Remaining reserve: 7631.33 out of 15362.75 (49.67%)

Needless to say I haven't really dug through the new logs to evaluate what's doing what yet.  I wanted the 'pure' experience.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2012, 01:14:46 pm »
Yep! That's it.

Needless to say I haven't really dug through the new logs to evaluate what's doing what yet.  I wanted the 'pure' experience.
Oh, oops, won't spoil it for you then :)

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2012, 01:20:12 pm »
Yep! That's it.

Oh, oops, won't spoil it for you then :)

Heheh, no worries.  I already knew I was eating the raw end of the defense cracker stick.  The problem with that was they also obliterate the corvettes, which are the tanks for my main fleet.  I've had to retreat to an earlier time period anyways, so it's moot for... about an hour of gameplay. :)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2012, 01:27:34 pm »
I already knew I was eating the raw end of the defense cracker stick.
Yea, when I was adapting a copy of the special-forces-spawn logic for the strategic-reserves-dump-to-CPA logic and realized I didn't have to give it the same role priorities, there was a most unpleasant grin on my face.

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2012, 02:34:32 pm »
my current defenses cannot defend against 3,000 ships in all directions.
May I suggest you do this

or something similar to Matrix, Poker and Strana.

I had 3 whipping boys with that setup in my latest 10/10 game.
ps. area mines need a nerf.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 02:36:24 pm by Kahuna »
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2012, 02:37:56 pm »
Attackers = SadPanda

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2012, 02:55:24 pm »
Attackers = SadPanda
Oh yes! Very sad indeed! :D

How to stop a wave in 3 seconds:
Time: 4.02.22
Enemies: 631

Time: 4.02.25
Enemies: 173
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2012, 03:10:07 pm »
That panda is in need of psychiatric care!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2012, 03:49:12 pm »
Attackers = SadPanda
Oh yes! Very sad indeed! :D

How to stop a wave in 3 seconds:
Time: 4.02.22
Enemies: 631
(image skipped)

Time: 4.02.25
Enemies: 173
(image skipped)

ROFL!

I gotta say though. If you let it, the AI will eventually send waves too big for even that sort of setup...
I would hate to see those kinds of waves.  :o

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2012, 09:27:20 pm »
Alright, savescummed to 1:48:53.  Things went horribly horribly wrong last time an hour from now.

First thing's first, where the heck am I at?

-- State of the universe --

Econ: Famine
Research: 11,000 K available
AIP: 83
Research unlocked:
- HBC I
- Spire Corvette II
- Harvester IIs
- FF IIs
- Mini-Forts
- Grav Is
- Tachyon Turrets

Well, that's pretty weak.

Universe:

Local pathing and CPA attack vector:

The problem is Solaris VII is sitting on a massive Barracks, so is, I believe, one of the unscouted planets along the north rim.

Matrix Defenses:

The main fleet, which currently consists of merely MK I triangles and MK I/II Corvettes is currently parked at Poker.  I believe they just helped remove a wave attack.  They get sent back to Strana to reinforce.

This is before I popped the remaining Warpgate and Eye on Nero's Fiddle into Poker and the 'wrong path' warp gate on Skye into Matrix.

I've got two Raid SSs waiting for their third partner, and they'll go Ion/Gate hunting on Skye to bring that into line.  That leaves an immediate threat for Poker.  That needs to get re-arranged quickly.

-- Preparations --

Change of plans for the main fleet.  The triangle brigade will help to deal with released threat in Poker.  The Corvettes will need some repairs and then are heading in to start Eye gouging.  A good chunk of my econ is currently going to rebuilding the mini-forts and FFs on Poker.

Remembering the constant econ problems I had last round...

1:50:00 Unlock MK III Harvesters.  Research: 6,000 K remaining

With the econ still floored and my corvettes waiting for repairs, it's time to check in on the Raid SSs.

-- Raiding Skye --

1:51:00 The Raid SS Is take off from Strana's shipyards with a mission.  Kill the Warp Gate on Skye, and preferably the Ion cannons as well for later.  Items of note on Skye: Warp Gate, Attritioner, Sniper Guardian, 2 Ions, 5 Medic Frigate IIs and a siege Frigate II... and they've got a Raid SS II as well.  Lovely.

1:51:20 The Raids enter Skye.  Shift-Pathing is ignited to the Warp-Gate, the Ion IV, the Ion III, the Attritioner, then back to Sarna via Matrix and the defenses there.

1:51:15 The Warp Gate falls.  63%/23% for the Raid group.
1:51:36 Ion IV down, 2 Raids left, 76%/72%
1:51:44 Ion III down, 1 raid left, 78%.  Ditch the attrtioner attempt and RUN you fool!  He escapes with 32% left.  Skye mission accomplished.

AIP 88

-- The Battle of Nero's Fiddle and its All Seeing Eye --

1:52:00 The Corvettes head for the first attack on Nero's Fiddle.  This will be a bit grindy.

1:53:25 Having done nothing but abuse the entry defenders, the Corvettes have lost all shielding at this point to the MK III planet.  They are currently making their way down to the first base and have dealt with the Sniper Guardian.

1:54:06 The Corvettes have dealt with the two harassment guardians and taken out the first post.  There's two Spireshield Guardposts here.  I'll counter those after they head to Poker for repairs in a few, I want them to take out a line of posts first.

1:55:00 I'm forced to micro the corvettes into concentrating fire and taking out the harassers.

1:55:38 SF Post down.  AIP 89  The Corvettes are heading to Poker for repairs, and their HBCs are removed for Siege Cannons for anti-Spireshield Posts.

1:56:48 The Corvette fleet has returned to Poker and snuggle up with the Mini-Forts for repairs.  Nero's Fiddle is down to an Ion I, a Parasite Eye, a Warp Gate, 1 Tachyon Post, and 2 SpireShields.  Knock on wood, no wave announced YET.

Econ is also FLUSH at around 390k/350k.  It's time to bring Flagship Is online for the main fleet and a SS compound on Matrix to build Leeches for wave defenses.

1:57:30 Corvettes have returned to Nero's Fiddle and prepare to finish the job.

1:59:23 While micro'ing the Corvettes to clean up the harassment and work on the shield, a 707 + 2 (MK II) ship wave announces for... wait for it!... Poker.  Dammit.

They'll land at 2:02:00'ish.  I redirect the fleet spacedock to FRD to Poker to support the defenses.  It's currently packing a Mil I, 2xMinifort, 11 Gravs, 20 Laser Turrets, 20 MRMs, 20 Snipers, and two tachyons... and the MK I triangle fleet.  It probably won't hold but it will do some nice damage on its way out.  The Corvettes will stay on track.

2:01:00  AIP 90 from autoprogress.  The First spireshieldpost + Heavy Beam guardian just fell to the Corvettes.  Wave lands in 3 seconds.  The corvettes are sic'd on the final spirepost... well, actually on the dual heavy beam and medic frigate hiding under it to kill them as soon as possible, THEN the spirepost.

2:02:40 The last shieldpost is down, Corvettes stand at ~50% health, and the Warpgate on Nero's Fiddle Falls.  AIP 95.

The battle for Strana rages on and the Corvettes move to help deflect/defend.

-- The Defense of Poker and the Siege of Strana --

2:01:03 707 +2 ships land on Poker.  91 Bombers, 208 Cutlasses, 141 fighters, 125 Frigates, 140 Vultures, 2 Siege SS IIs, and a Spire SS II.  someone lied to me about the # of SSs.  Econ currently sits at 153k/350k.

to add to the pain, 14 threat pops in (including a MK II Flak Guardian) from another wormhole to support the wave.

2:01:29 360 ships get up on the miniforts.
2:01:38 There are no more miniforts.

2:02:04 The Mil I on Poker falls.  The Main fleet is directed to Homeworld to guard and Poker is temporarily abandoned.

Initial contact on Strana is 137 Fighters and 72 Vultures. The 202 Cutlasses follow VERY quickly.

2:02:49 The entire enemy fleet has reached Strana.  440 ships.  29 Bombers remain, 131 Cutlasses, 110 Fighters, 118 Frigates, 49 Vultures, 2 Siege, and the spire SS still alive.  My fleet has been neutered.  All that remains really defending the homeworld are two miniforts, 20 Basics, 20 snipes, 5 HBCs, and 20 LRMs.  Things don't look good for the home team.

2:03:49 We were semi-holding our own until the dual siege cannons popped the Space Docks under glass next to the home CC.  Houston, we have a problem.  There are still 227 enemy ships left in system.

2:04:08 The Corvettes make it home, to the resounding cheers of the command center.  They immediately get put on FRD.

2:04:25 The hastily erected space dock outside of the FFs comes online and begins mass fighter I production.  Cannon Fodder to the rescue!

That was CLOSE, but I'm finally in a position to strike out at the world.

-- Rebuilding Poker and tactical evaluations --
Alright, step one, ship some Rebuilders out to Poker and begin the healing process.  The Corvette fleet heads over to cover the rebuild in case any of that 76 threat gets some ideas, though all of the visible amount of it is parked out in Skye from the Raid run.

Is there any particular reason 5 rebuilders just blew PAST the cc scraps and went straight for the farthest turrets they could reach?  I can't seem to force them to hit the CC scraps, either.

At 2:06:20 Poker CC is operational again.  The nearly dead corvettes snuggle up to the mini-forts and wait for some much needed repairs.

Scouts can't seem to stay alive when I get the 4 Scout I's left to Solaris VII.  I realize part of the problem and nuke the two scouts on planets I already own.  The Home Space Dock is now set to produce all ships again, including Scout Is.  Let's try that again with 6 of 'em.

Solaris VII, in the very brief moments I can see it, has 700+ ships on it and is a MK III.  That needs to go... but first, is there anywhere I can harass a SF prize?  Answer... not easily.  Alright, I've got a few immediate tasks.

Let's review my immediate goals for the next 45 minutes.
1) Nerf Solaris VII so half+ of the CPA doesn't pour in the back door.
2) Pop the two Data Centers I'm aware of on Argyle and HotStar
3) Bring up a second Whipping Boy down on Sox to seal the cluster against CPAs and Threatfleet
4) Rescout the eastern rim of the home cluster.
5) Take a whittling team over to Arrakkis with its 217 ships and smack it around a bit.

Of these, the Assault of the Data Centers will probably both be the hardest as well as most annoying.

I want to get a picket on Solaris VII asap.  That's the first goal.  Break open the front door, blow the tachyon post.  It's only got an Ion I on it but really... that's enough.  It's also got 9 guardposts and is a MK III... and a D-Class CSG and a barracks.

Let's get the band together while the Raids prepare a quick jaunt to Earth.  The MK IV on Misery is the actual fatest way to the Sox area and I'll have to deal with it eventually, but I don't want to get tied up there.  I'm better off boot shoving through Earth, Argyle, Sox, and finally HotStar with the fleet + anti-Ion Raids.  I'll knock off 20 AIP on that trip, too, and get a better foothold for Sox for later.

So with the fleet rebuilding... Go Raids Go!

-- Raiding Earth and Solaris VII --
2:09:18 The Raid SS I crew heads out for Earth to Ion Pop through Nero's Fiddle.

Earth appears to have a preference for cutlasses, zombards, and polarizers.  That should be fun later.  The Raids will need to come along for anti-zombard duty.

2:09:52 Two raids are lost on entry into Earth from the alpha-strike.  The last raid finishes his mission and kills the Ion I... and dies immediately after.

Well, that was a quick mission.  Threat's at 108 now, too.  A threatball is forming on the entry to Poker from Nero's Fiddle.  I'm preparing to have to deal with that when they just commit straight to Poker.

-- Poker learns to defend itself --

You wouldn't think 15 ships would threaten a planet with 20 snipers, 20 Lasers, 20 MRMs, 2 Mini-forts, and a Mil I.  Even if the DO have a Heavy Beam III, Arty Guard III, Flak III, 2 Laser IIIs, an Implosion III, and a Vampire III, with assorted small fleet for support.

You'd be right.  They really didn't.  Not once the missiles and lasers went to work.  But that's RIGHT about at the limit of those defenses.

-- The Fleet goes to work --
The fleet is rebuilt, and now includes 3 Flagships for a bit of extra oomph on the road.  The fourth will rebuild eventually.

2:12:27 676 + 3 (II) head for Matrix in 1:40.  They'll land at 2:14:07.  The fleet is currently organizing on Poker for the strike into Solaris VII's entrance and then will head to Earth for a Tach Drill/push to Argyle.

The fleet hits Nero's Fiddle, and clears the entry way and assorted annoyances while traveling for Solaris VII's entry.  They reach the entry with 15 seconds to go on the wave timer.  I decide to hold off on aggravating Solaris VII in case things go horribly awry and I end up with a two front war again.

The wave consists of (all MK II)
104 Autobomb ,
43 Beam ,
29 zombard,
82 Chameleons (oh, they'll be a blast to hunt down later),
107 paralyzers,
82 Mirrors,
22 Bombers,
x Fighters (dead on entry),
104 Polarizers,
70 Virus,
8 Medics,
7 Reprocessors,
15 siege engines,
1 bomber SS I,
1 Leech SS II,
and a Zenith II.
(and a partridge in a pear tree)

I decide I'm not worried.  Alright, Fleet, off you go!

2:14:30  The Fleet enters Solaris VII and challenges the Tachyon to its existance.  It fails.  The fleet, however, eats a suicide guardian and loses about 20% of the ships.

2:14:45 the fleet retreats back to Nero's Fiddle to challenge the threat-drift it just created, which was sitting at ~190.

Back at Matrix, the wave got some guardian support from Skye, who cut the corner on the long range turrets and chewed into them.  Hm, this may not go so well, but there's only 172 ships left there.  What could go wrong?  Not much, actually.  Matrix will hold.  I need a few more Gravs to deal with Skye threat assistance, but they'll be alright.

However, back at nero's Fiddle, I'm staring at 400+ ships... which, btw, don't appear to show properly when they're SF.

Anyway, luckily they're not actually attacking me.

2:15:44  Whoops!  Yes they are, RUN AWAY.  The fleet retreats to Poker.  I've got a serious SF problem on my hands at this point.

Stopping here for now.  I've got plans to meet a friend for dinner and formatting like this takes FOREVER.  Catch y'all later.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk