Author Topic: My Group's Normal AIP  (Read 13920 times)

Offline Nodor

My Group's Normal AIP
« on: April 01, 2015, 10:17:31 pm »
720 right before the last homeworld falls, kinda low for our group.  But since everyone talks about low AIP, I thought I would post a screenshot.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/44248960660494631/27AB80E0ACF7DA7AE591BDF97EEC8139E3B7B6CB/

Also, Nomads need love conceptually.  The nomad ended up being activated and then left on a nomad planet..  it was sad.

Offline Shrugging Khan

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Y PzKpfw Tiger!
Re: My Group's Normal AIP
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 03:22:35 am »
My brother and me have 550 AIP, with all Data Centers and Co-Pros destroyed, half-way into our latest game. Single-homeworld, mind you.

So I guess anything below 1000 is probably fairly acceptable  ;D
The beatings shall continue
until morale improves!

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 03:58:09 am »
You guys amaze me. I almost never cross the 200AIP line, or rarely with core guard posts' +10 floor. Which difficulty? 7/7 or more? Do you set Auto AIP? 1/30min? More? Do you enable superweapons? Fallen Spire, Broken Golems, etc?

High AIP -> many planets -> lot of K -> improved turrets -> good defenses
Is that enough to make high AIP games as playable as a low AIP game?
I'll try this path, one day, to "push me outa my tracks".
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Red.Queen

• Full Member Mark II
  • Mad Hacker
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 06:21:55 am »
720AIP... 550AIP... And I thought ending my last game on 519AIP was bad!  <laughs>  I second Pumpkin's questions, I'm dying to know what settings you're running.
Infiltrating hostile AI networks to rewrite reality.

[[Hacks available from this unit found on the AI War Modding subforum.]]

Offline Shrugging Khan

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 10:30:11 am »
All minor factions 4/10, Golems hard 4/10, one HW and one Champion. AIs are 8/5 bouncer/chivalric with all plots.

We already lost the Botnet and Nomad Beacon, and some other stuffs. There's 20000 roaming threat at the door and we regularly get hit by all the Exo waves.
until morale improves!

Offline Red.Queen

• Full Member Mark II
  • Mad Hacker
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 05:09:18 pm »
Interesting settings, thanks for the reply Khan.  :) 20K threat is nuts!
Infiltrating hostile AI networks to rewrite reality.

[[Hacks available from this unit found on the AI War Modding subforum.]]

Offline RabidDonkey

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 02:01:15 pm »
I'm curious on what kind of defenses on how many choke worlds you guys have set up to deal with that kind of threat? It sounds like you guys had multiple chokes. Maybe a screenshot if you happen to have one! It seems a little insane that a 8/5 game could generate that much threat.   

Offline Shrugging Khan

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 09:16:43 am »
I'll get you a screencap as soon as I can.

We're on an encapsulated map, with one internal cluster completely cleared, as well as long stretches of the ring, two nomads and a few smaller patches here and there. The highways around the ring serve as gauntlets for the Exo waves to break against, while the internal cluster has two choke points. Most defences are concentrated on the human HW, since there's no telling when several Exos will clump together and break through.
We have five spire cities and the exodian blade, so that's both a lot of Exos coming in and a lot of toys to clean them up with.

Generally speaking, most AI ships just get pulverised the moment they touch a non-ruined human world, but whenever there's multiple AI Golems passing through, things get broken. We currently have a 8000000 metal cap, which isn't nearly enough to rebuild what those golems often break.

We also generate a lot of alert because our nomads frequently cruise past AI homeworlds while the Warp Jammers are broken - and our Warp Jammer near a core world gets killed regularily by god knows what coming out of the AI HW.

So, some 42 hours in, that's pretty much the state of affairs. Everything is f!cked all the time, for everyone, rebuilding just about keeps pace with getting destroyed, and we've already exhausted all our superweapon options. Right now we're trying to consolidate territory and set up more effective chokepoints to keep the AI from smashing our internal defences every ten minutes; if that doesn't work we have a serious economic problem.
until morale improves!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk