Author Topic: My First Real AAR -- Also My First 8/8  (Read 25148 times)

Offline Radiant Phoenix

• Sr. Member Mark II
Re: My First Real AAR -- Also My First 8/8
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2015, 04:09:09 pm »
So, liberating the toehold. First stop: busting up a fortress. I don't feel like waiting an hour to build an armored warhead, and lightning won't do the job, so Champ is the best of a tedious set of options.

Oh, right... um... let's build city 4 on SCL 1. And tank those waves.

I guess I'm going to find out if an SCL on a neutral planet decreases AIP. +6|7 -6|9 this tick (because one is off-time) from 538. Or... maybe I'll just capture it right now. Immediate -3 AIP from SCL. I think that answers my question: Neutral = hostile.

Now I'm punching a hole to drive my colonization through to the CSG. (Not capturing the intermediate planet, though)

Offline Radiant Phoenix

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2015, 05:24:58 pm »
Huge threatball. I think a warhead is in order. Oh, right, Missile Frigates are immune to normal warheads, and lightning doesn't do enough per-target damage to kill starships.

Wow, that tiny fleet I was ignoring because it was so tiny is spawning a warp gate? Spire Fleet: Stomp.

Okay, CSG-A down, another planet captured.

Time to capture another SCL.

Offline Radiant Phoenix

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2015, 03:29:59 pm »
Note: Please wait warmly while distros are upgraded. I'll probably get back to this eventually.

Offline Traveller

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2015, 06:48:16 pm »
Looking forward to the return, this is a lot of fun to follow!

Offline Radiant Phoenix

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2015, 11:18:33 pm »
Okay, I'm back in the saddle. According to my notes, my next objective is to capture the SCL in the system with my champion in it.

On further observation, I think my subsequent objectives will be, in some order:
  • The Raid Engine
  • The coprocessors
  • Hacking the ASC that's not on the dyson sphere planet
  • Capturing the rest of the SCLs
  • Building city 5
  • Capturing two more ARSs
Or maybe... I'll try to do #0, #3, and #5 at the same time. Yeah, that's the plan.

Hmm...
  • sending the survey ship for #5 is easy. Still within my main borders
  • Hacking the ASC... beachhead first.
  • SCL... maybe hack the ASC first, actually? Dunno, but I want some serious firepower up before I start capturing it.
Huh? Where'd that 4kSTR threat come from? Oh, my spire fleet poked a vengeance generator. I guess I'll just pull them back a bit.

I require additional scouts for picketing, so there goes a little K.

Another super-hybrid! And the AI blew up a minor CS!

... I think I'll just pop that co-pro so I can have better logistics with my lunchboxes...

Oh look, threat building warp relay. Another fire to put out... Really tempted to go for that exo-transciever. Champ just doesn't cut it anymore.

...wait, did I set off a core raid engine? WTF? Why do I keep getting indications that my ships are dying on random planets?

... SO MUCH THREAT CLEARING! There was like 100k strength before I packed the Spire Fleet in the lunchbox and drove around stomping it flat. This doesn't even count the, like, five exo-waves.

Offline Radiant Phoenix

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2015, 11:44:03 pm »
Alright, the super-hybrid is dead, and threat is... relatively low.

• I've decided that I'm not going to try to hold any more SCLs beyond the four I've got. This whole endeavor is getting frustrating.
  • No hacking the ASC. Likewise.
Thus, objectives:
  • Kill the raid engine
  • Kill or momentarily capture the unfeasible SCLs
  • Get the GalCap
  • Get the ARSes
  • Get the Exo-trans
  • Kill the AIs
... actually, maybe I'm getting a bit burned out on this campaign. Maybe I should take a break and do something easier for a bit. Like try a small-galaxy demo speedrun.

Well, either way, no more AI War tonight

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk