Author Topic: My first AAR and post 7.0 game  (Read 7812 times)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: My first AAR and post 7.0 game
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 11:38:24 am »
I

STOPPED

THEM!!!
Congratulations!

... for now ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TIE Viper

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 03:27:00 am »
This game is certainly one of the most difficult ones I've attempted.  I can't remember the last one I played if any that had me seeing those gianormous red 'you lose' messages as often as this one.  I think I'm finally set up to make some more progress in making the galaxy a friendlier place now that I made it through that last CPA.  I've got a broken golem exo which announced during threat cleanup but it will be a while before it drops.  I should have time to corrupt hack the other Tractor Platform backup and take out that DG lair that's on alert and perhaps a few others before I have to hunker down again.  We shall see.

I think I'll get started on that for an hour or three since now I'm no longer sleepy.
May the Force be with you.

And the Triforce too.  :D

Offline TIE Viper

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2013, 03:31:21 am »
Congratulations, you've survived to die another day! ;)

And you sure were right about that statement earlier.   ;)

Offline TIE Viper

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 04:54:29 am »
Now that I've reached the stabilization period of the game (finally,) neutering the galaxy is going quite well.  I'm almost done in fact.  Curious though that the CPA's have not really dropped in number as AIP goes down.  It's nice now that I actually have the firepower and energy to support it that I can stand up to them pesky CPAs.
I laugh at the special forces now.   >D

I tried running the Showdown Devices and the first wave took out the command center on one of the four showdown systems shortly after the second wave dropped.  I'm not sure I will be able to finish that way with AI #1's tendency to throw FF immune units at me.  I plan to get the other Core Turret Controllers and try again.  Perhaps with all those turrets and a few Mk. II Fortresses I might not lose the systems.  It's gonna be tight on energy for those forts though.

See you, Space Cowboys.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 04:57:14 am by TIE Viper »

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2013, 09:05:40 am »
I tried running the Showdown Devices
"Tried" is usually the operative word ;)

That said, with those core turret controllers and a willingness to savescum shamelessly and re-strategize, you may well be able to handle it.  At least it would be an interesting challenge :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TIE Viper

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2013, 07:52:09 pm »
a willingness to savescum shamelessly and re-strategize

Of course its shameless!   ;D 

How would you learn to compstomp if you never tried again after a smackdown?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 11:57:59 pm by TIE Viper »

Offline TIE Viper

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 04:05:53 am »
After seeing what the showdown devices do on a sandbox game with the roommate, I'm pretty sure there is NOOOOOO way I'll be able to do them legit on this game even with all the Mk. V turrets.  I don't think the map I'm on is big enough.  I also think I'd need to have fewer than 3 chokepoints.  Obviously one chokepoint would be the aim for something like this.

After I finish getting all of the Mk. V turret controllers I think I'll still give it a try, just to see.

Offline TIE Viper

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2014, 01:29:50 am »
Sigh...

After being repeatedly put to stalemate at best but mostly being hammered into oblivion by the next CPA, I decided to take a break from AI war for a bit.  One main reason of which was starting a new full time job but I wanted to come back to this game to try and finish it hoping the patches would perhaps provide me an edge.  Not so.    :(

Unfortunately I have been beaten this time.  Not that it has been a bad experience losing, but losing after having over 24 hours on the game clock still kinda sucks. 

You may have won this time level 9 Vorpal/Extreme Raider + level 9 Crafty Spire/Experimentalist, but next time will be different...

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2014, 10:27:33 am »
Congratulations on seeing it through to the end, nonetheless.  That AI difficulty/type setup is pretty stiff to say the least.  And with all the changes since November there's a lot of things you might have done differently and had a better chance, etc.

Offline TIE Viper

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2014, 09:12:12 pm »
Thanks, and yes.  Agreed 100%.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk