Author Topic: Mining for Achievements  (Read 14837 times)

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
Re: Mining for Achievements
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2013, 08:03:35 am »
That was one strategic kind of strategic reserve. I wonder how many H/Ks would FS Ending Exo spawn. :D

I'll find out another time. :)

The second AI had some tricks, most notably the gag of putting a counterattack wave on a world with a Dark Spire Vengeance Generator. That was fairly tense as I watched to see if the defenses on the other worlds would hold (they did, but it was ugly on one of them).

Second homeworld assault was easier than the first. Couldn't leave due to a grav core post, but that didn't matter. There was a Wrath Lance, but it didn't seem to be working correctly with all the lag as it really didn't do very much damage. An exo started in the middle of this, but I ignored it.

In the end, I got this achievement list:

Notably missing are the ones for level 40 champions and haivng every module. I really don't understand why I didn't get that. Just how do you get a champion to level 40 or above? Do I need to play with six of them or something?

I'm thinking I'm going to restart the game later before the end of this and collect some other achievements. Stuff like the scrapping achievements and the losses ones, since I have the econonmy right now to start making mass fighters and just send them to die (or to get scrapped) very, very quickly. I can also activate the inter-galactic transciever and see what the FS ending exos look like.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 08:16:22 am by Tridus »

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2013, 06:25:49 pm »

making mass fighters and just send them to die

Does anyone remember that Steam Winter Sale AI War achievement? :P

Anyway, have  fun with the FS exos. I've never experienced them myself but hear they're quite the show.
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline Aeson

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2013, 10:01:07 am »
"Notably missing are the ones for level 40 champions and having every module."
Did you enable duplicate nebula scenarios? Because in a 120-planet map, you should have more available nebulae than you have nebula scenarios, and enabling the duplicates allows you to play those for more modules, more champion experience, and more nebula ships. Enter this into the chat dialog box and send it to enable duplicate scenarios: "cmd:allow duplicate nebula scenarios" (remove quotation marks).

Aside from that, you can also make certain that your champion is with your fleet every time you destroy a guardpost or similar AI structure, as those give (small) amounts of champion experience, which can add up over time to a few levels.

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2013, 10:33:42 am »
"Notably missing are the ones for level 40 champions and having every module."
Did you enable duplicate nebula scenarios? Because in a 120-planet map, you should have more available nebulae than you have nebula scenarios, and enabling the duplicates allows you to play those for more modules, more champion experience, and more nebula ships. Enter this into the chat dialog box and send it to enable duplicate scenarios: "cmd:allow duplicate nebula scenarios" (remove quotation marks).

Aside from that, you can also make certain that your champion is with your fleet every time you destroy a guardpost or similar AI structure, as those give (small) amounts of champion experience, which can add up over time to a few levels.

No, I didn't know that existed. That's probably the problem. I had a lot of empty nebulae.

Offline The Hunter

• Full Member Mark II
  • H/K Mk5
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2013, 03:24:10 pm »
Congrats on finishing it. :)
Didn't know there was that command for champions, but doesn't entering any commands disables achievements anyways?  ???

Offline Aeson

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2013, 04:16:21 pm »
I'm fairly certain that entering cheats disables achievements, but entering commands does not. However, I have never paid much attention to achievements and wouldn't notice if entering commands did disable them.

The wiki has a page listing the commands and cheat codes, but doesn't really say anything about what the effects of making use of them are. The page is here:

http://www.arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=AI_War_-_Cheats#Maintenance_Commands

(this URL points to the part where the commands are; cheats are in the upper half of the page)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk