Author Topic: Avenger station disappearing act  (Read 2661 times)

Offline Spymine

Avenger station disappearing act
« on: June 17, 2010, 01:00:45 am »
With Version 3.171 I finally arriving I was able to trigger the "Avenger" for my first time. (Thanks Keith)
Basically the avenger is a huge fortress with 200.000.000 health.

What makes the Avenger even more challenging are the 13 modules (in my case), which give it some extra stamina and firepower.
I included a screenshot which gives the modules I encountered. (I dont know if the numbers and kinds of modules differ according to the difficulty level - no information on the Wiki)

So anyway, with speed 5 it took the station some time to reach my chokepoint 4 hops away.
I included a screen shot of the warp point defence - I wasnt sure how hard the battle would be so I bought everything I could until my energy ran out.

OK, Keith - to your question if/how I took down the Avenger  ;D

The avenger lasted for exactly 50 seconds until it disappeared into thin air  :D

taking 99% of all my ships and nearly all of my installations with it  :P

Nice job of designing this fortress  - but maybe you could scale the health a little bit up for higher difficulties  8)

Offline Frozen Critical

• Full Member Mark II
  • No
Re: Avenger station disappearing act
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 10:17:51 pm »
what? scale up the Health? Are you Wrong in the Head?

the Avenger is already near-impossible on diff 1 , so why in the world would you need to scale up its health?
AMERIKEAN AM TELEFONMAST

rubikscube

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 12:22:31 am »
so how did you defeat it?

Offline Spymine

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 06:10:04 pm »

the Avenger is already near-impossible on diff 1 , so why in the world would you need to scale up its health?

Yes, i am absolutely barking mad, so what
And for you having problems on diff 1 let me quote Fisherman's Friend: "Sind sie zu stark, bist du zu schwach"  8)

Offline Spymine

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 06:20:52 pm »
so how did you defeat it?

Well - with everything you see on the picture of the chokepoint (should be self-explanatory).
But since my chokepoint got nuked i loaded a save and positioned all my ships in the system in front of the chokepoint to kill the avenger before it blows my fixed installations to hell  - as far as i remember i had: 1600 fighters, 1300 bombers, 500 frigs, 400 electric shuttles, 1000 missle turrets and 1500 mines - took a little bit longer to take it down (5 - 6 minutes)

Offline Frozen Critical

• Full Member Mark II
  • No
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 08:32:16 am »

Yes, i am absolutely barking mad, so what
And for you having problems on diff 1 let me quote Fisherman's Friend: "Sind sie zu stark, bist du zu schwach"  8)

having problems with the DAMN ONE AND ONLY AVENGER

but again , i use Diff 1 to test out new stratergist against that giant fortress
AMERIKEAN AM TELEFONMAST

Offline Spymine

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 06:18:54 am »
not much strategy you can use on the Avenger imo

basically hit it with everything you have in a system you dont need
very similar to the mining golem - use lots of ships so that you give massive low value targets
oh - and since the fortress goes from warp point to warp point mines work like a charm - that would be the inexpensive long-term method of getting rid of the Avenger

what did you find out?

Offline Frozen Critical

• Full Member Mark II
  • No
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 09:23:16 pm »
Wormhole Generators Work against the that fortress , and if you have any unit that can go past forcefields , send said unit to the middle of the fortress : its too Fudging Stupid to even fire at something  in the middle of it
AMERIKEAN AM TELEFONMAST

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk