Author Topic: Against the Zenith Remnant  (Read 6527 times)

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
  • If you're not drunk you're doing it wrong.
Re: Against the Zenith Remnant
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2012, 10:39:31 pm »
Getting interesting :)

On the Ion scrapping, I nerfed the stuffing out of how much that refunds a long time ago.  How much are you getting?  I don't mind it being a worthwhile thing to do (the more strategies, the better), just making sure it's not as bad as it once was (where people could pretty much cap-out at will).
You've nerfed it well.  There is no Ion Cannon left that's worth keeping.  Kill them all, save your units.  It'll cost you less.  Even the Mk Vs.  Perhaps ESPECIALLY the Mk Vs.  I will randomly take my raids out to snipe down ions throughout the universe just to not worry about it later, they're that useless to capture and/or scrap unless you're creating a whipping boy.

They are still serious annoyances though.  They require you to not take standard measures when first evaluating attacking a system.
... and then we'll have cake.

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2012, 11:15:43 am »
You could make us all cry and give them Turret armor (x0.2 for Raids).  But if you do that, please make them hurt higher marks.  I feel this would actually benefits the player more than the AI.  And boost their scrap value a little, because they'll be quite a bit harder to remove, especially under force fields.  We'll need the cash to replace the loses we took.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2012, 11:26:31 am »
You could make us all cry and give them Turret armor (x0.2 for Raids).
How brutal.  You must be learning :) 

But if you do that, please make them hurt higher marks.  I feel this would actually benefits the player more than the AI.  And boost their scrap value a little, because they'll be quite a bit harder to remove, especially under force fields.  We'll need the cash to replace the loses we took.
Yea, I'll think about it.  The point isn't to just gutpunch the player, I just feel that there's something off about ions being so easy to assassinate.  They used to be a rather fearsome thing.  But they definitely should be raid-able in some manner, and going back to the "it just ate my fleet!" days isn't what I'm going for.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2012, 11:32:13 am »
You've nerfed it well.  There is no Ion Cannon left that's worth keeping.

Not quite. Even with the .1% rate of scrapping (or was it .01%?) used for ion cannons, Mk. IVs and Mk. Vs are SO dang expensive, that you will still get a noticeable amount of resources from them even with that absolutely pathetic rate.

But yea, for Mk. III and below, unless you are trying to defend a world for something, take them out.

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2012, 11:48:07 am »
Even with the .1% rate of scrapping (or was it .01%?) used for ion cannons, Mk. IVs and Mk. Vs are SO dang expensive, that you will still get a noticeable amount of resources from them even with that absolutely pathetic rate.
I have the scrap price breakdown on page 2 and you'll see it is actually a lot less than you'd expect.  Even a Mark V gives only 129k of each.  When you consider the resource cost of the units it will kill while you take the system, even if you rush build a Command Station, I think it is always a loss for the player.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk