Author Topic: A different 10/10  (Read 5875 times)

Offline Faulty Logic

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Bane of the AI
Re: A different 10/10
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2012, 09:15:16 pm »
I don't think conquering/destroying every world is possible on 10/10, unless you waited for a big wave, detonated a mkIII nuke, and beelined for the HWs, and even that probably won't work. If waves are punching through that defence, well I can't think of a better argument for low AIP.
If warheads can't solve it, use more warheads.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2012, 09:20:27 pm »
You prioritized your Sniper Turrets on Raid Starships?

Had OMDs on the Raids....Any more than say 25 Raids and they would make it to the OMDs.

I don't think conquering/destroying every world is possible on 10/10, unless you waited for a big wave, detonated a mkIII nuke, and beelined for the HWs, and even that probably won't work. If waves are punching through that defence, well I can't think of a better argument for low AIP.

Honestly I think it can still be done. That defence was mostly T1 and T2 stuff... I probably should have flushed the NW area first so I could get more K and resources. Fighting Mk IV ships and higher with Mk I and IIs isn't going to cut it.

I played that game all the way through with the sprite pool set at 1000. Early on the game was smooth as glass.
Loading some of the later saves, the game drags a good bit until the memory footprint hits about 950, then its smooth again.  Large battles cause some measure of slow downs but those were expected.

Also early on... 166 ms performance profile and +10 game speed = 500% game speed.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 09:26:30 pm by Cinth »
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2012, 09:29:04 pm »
Wow, quite an epic fight there.  At least now I know 10/10 eventually gets too tough even for that defense ;)  Though I'm sure you'll find out ways to squeeze it further.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2012, 09:33:43 pm »
Glad you all enjoyed following it.

Right now I'm looking for a good seed... and likely an impossible seed... no way I could find my favorite ships all in the same map configuration.
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2012, 09:56:14 pm »
Well, I could offer you a solution to those raid SSs, but that would lead to another bug report.... :P

As a side note, I did beat the 10/10 in an earlier version on that map-style, with fewer home-planets. It offers the best balance of map-accessbility, chokepoint/inner world ratios. What was your Fighter-I cap?

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2012, 10:01:18 pm »
Well, I could offer you a solution to those raid SSs, but that would lead to another bug report.... :P

As a side note, I did beat the 10/10 in an earlier version on that map-style, with fewer home-planets. It offers the best balance of map-accessbility, chokepoint/inner world ratios. What was your Fighter-I cap?

128/112/96

That's Ultra Low caps with 16 HWs

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2012, 10:29:26 pm »
going to use this seed: 1455696571 X map

Once I get somewhere worth posting, I'll start up anew  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk