Author Topic: 1/1 Chaos Rules the Galaxy  (Read 13625 times)

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
Re: 1/1 Chaos Rules the Galaxy
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2012, 09:29:25 pm »
>12 forcefields on home
>1/1

This just proves how absurd you guys have managed to make 1/1. :P

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2012, 08:11:40 am »
haha yeah, better safe than sorry :D
The AI's themself have become completely irrelvant already, after just 1 hour and 20 miutes. I don't know how far the Dark Spire got, but I think they killed everything, everywhere. Maybe just a few mk III forts alive somewhere but that's pretty much it. Most of the hybrids and their hives are dead too. Only the super hybrids still roam the galaxy.
I think my threat is dropping because there is simply nothing left to kill for the Dark Spire. Except me, but I'm better prepared.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2012, 08:41:19 am »
Sounds like you are ready for the next phase. Make some planet grabs if you can to narrow your fronts to prepare for train attacks
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2012, 12:24:41 pm »
You guys are loony ;)

Glad to see you can find so many ways to play this game.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2012, 12:08:12 am »
You guys are loony ;)

Glad to see you can find so many ways to play this game.

A whole set of strategies are in order, yes.

At 10/10, during various phases of the game, different minor factions impact more noticably.

For example, the Dark Spire have 0 impact at the start, make a BIG impact once activated, then after waves gradually receed to a managable state.

On the other hand, some like enclaves just build up and up for the player.

However, the most fun is by far when the factions interact...like when your friendly enclaves unleash their thousands of drones critters to deal with a dozen dark spire...on a dark spire world...and then proceed to decay to nothingness...now you have unleashed a thousand dark spire onto the galaxy.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2012, 11:20:50 am »
1 hour 21: While I'm trying to rebuild my fleet and colonize Fizz, I get another Cargo warning. This will just keep going on and on forever right? Gives me little time to advance before I have to prepare again. I'm suspecting there will be no asteroids left in the galaxy if I somehow manage to win this game.
Scouted a Data Center and SCL at Red Bat.
SCL and a few fabricators at Dew
SCL at Calamar
Scouting is really the easiest thing ever right now.

1 hour 28: Cargo wave spawns. The strikeforce has a lot less firepower than the previous one so I suppose no Artillery Golem in this one.
Data center at Nightmare
Co-p and a functioning Armored Golem from the Golemite at Shadow.
The wave comes with 2 black widow golems this time. Yeah rams are the only thing that can save me.

1 hour 34: cargo spawns arrive and the next cargo wave is as good as ready -.- I don't even have time to expand at this rate.
Implosion Artillery works wonders against those H/K's. I got a few more of them now and they really deal the most damage.

1 minute later and the next cargo wave spawns. I'm gonna test my luck and try this one without my fleet to support. See if 7 Implosion Artillery (mixed mk I and II), 10 rams, 17 enclaves and about 200 mines can do the trick. I need my fleet to try to expand.

1 hour 42: Emp train detonates on some far away planet. They better not come close. Finally unlocked mk III crystal harvester. Doesn't leave me with enough resources to sunlock mk III scouts, but I'll get to that soon.

Cargo wave hits a minute later. Unfortunately the 10 rams aren't enough to take down the 2 golems this time. Black widow survives with 1/4 of it's hp and takes a bunch of enclave younglings away. Not that it matters, they'll kill the widow in no time. The H/K almost breaches through my forcefields, but got killed in time. No new cargo waves have been announced so far, meaning it's time to capture some planets.

My plan is to take Eclipse, Hail and then free the Dyson Sphere at Cannon. I hope the dysons will provide me with a significant force. Better kill a bunch of Train Stations first though. I'll upload a screenie after next post.

Offline Fluffiest

« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2012, 12:10:42 pm »
Since the 1/1 AI's waves are so puny, might it actually be worth rushing to destroy huge numbers of train stations to try to slow down the construction projects, and just suck up the AIP increase?

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2012, 12:45:41 pm »
Since the 1/1 AI's waves are so puny, might it actually be worth rushing to destroy huge numbers of train stations to try to slow down the construction projects, and just suck up the AIP increase?
Destroying train stations doesn't directly slow it down; each time a cargo train leaves a station it increments the cargo counter; regardless of how long it took getting there or whatever.  So what you want to do there is increase the minimum and/or average number of hops (more precisely, the actual in-space distance) between train stations (or just kill all but one station, but that's pretty involved).

It's kinda like an inverted Travelling Salesman Problem :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Fluffiest

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2012, 02:29:34 am »
Really? Yeuch.

I don't actually like the cargo trains mechanic at all, I'm sorry to say. It just seems like a particularly opaque form of countdown timer on a large attack, rather than a subsystem that it's possible to interact with and disrupt.

(I do have suggestions for alternatives, if you're interested.)

Offline kasnavada

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2012, 07:24:28 am »
To interact, keep a train station on your territory and make them suffer the death of 100000000 cuts.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2012, 11:59:28 am »
Suggestions are always welcome. See my sig for how to make one.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2012, 01:10:52 pm »
Really? Yeuch.

I don't actually like the cargo trains mechanic at all, I'm sorry to say. It just seems like a particularly opaque form of countdown timer on a large attack, rather than a subsystem that it's possible to interact with and disrupt.

I do think there is something wrong when one minor faction at 10/10 launches more attacks then all the other minor factions combined, and that is in addition to insta-killing and insta disabling your worlds with normally untargetable attacks. At 4 hours in I have 15k firepower bearing down on me, and I'm at the give up point.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2012, 01:15:47 pm »
Well, trains are brand spanking new. They still need some balancing, methinks. Even though it's at 10 :D
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Aquohn

• Full Member Mark III
  • WARNING: May Contain Objectionable Opinions
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2013, 09:09:28 am »
Tries out game mode.

Devourer appears on home planet at 3:40.
Arcen in Summary:
thank you so much, RNG
It aims to please!

Or is that "to kill"?  Hmm.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2013, 09:26:05 am »
Tries out game mode.

Devourer appears on home planet at 3:40.
Apparently you were baking cookies!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk