Author Topic: 10/10 The Core/Tech Raider  (Read 8116 times)

Offline Faulty Logic

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Bane of the AI
10/10 The Core/Tech Raider
« on: July 23, 2012, 03:30:19 am »
Because I am insane.

Spokes
50 planet 688921308
Shield Bearers

AI as advertised.

Plots : Avenger only.

Minor factions:

Resistance 4
Marauders 4
Colony Rebellions 6
Traders
Miners 4
Dyson 4
Devourer
Golems Hard 10 no Botnets
Spirecraft Hard 6 no Martyrs
Rocketry Corps 4
Roaming Enclaves 4
Preservation Wardens 4
Fallen Spire 4

One hour in, have not left my homeworld (which is amusingly called Insanity). Scouted 3 hops out, found and popped two Data Centers, repelled Monster Waves (both AI send Raid SSs MkIII), found a co-p, two golems (cursed and artillery) and one ARS (cutlass/weasel/grenade).

Have unlocked bombers and fighters mkII and Flagships. AIP: 2. K remaining: 6000.

P4: will take for continuity/chokepointing
P6: ARS
P7: cursed golem
P8: artillery golem
P1: Co-p

State of Empire:
If warheads can't solve it, use more warheads.

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
Re: 10/10 The Core/Tech Raider
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 04:50:06 am »
This will be interesting

and one ARS (cutlass/weasel/grenade).
How do you know this?
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Faulty Logic

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Bane of the AI
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 05:47:18 am »
Science lab mkI in a transport. Once unloaded, in the split second before it dies, look under the ARS tab, it shows you the possibilities.

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 05:49:11 am »
Science lab mkI in a transport. Once unloaded, in the split second before it dies, look under the ARS tab, it shows you the possibilities.

LoL you made it sound like a bug. I just tried this myself and all you need to do is select any science lab and then the ARS tab. The lab doesn't have to get destroyed.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 02:25:33 am by Kahuna »
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Faulty Logic

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Bane of the AI
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 06:12:23 am »
No, it doesn't have to get destroyed, it just always does.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 11:06:41 pm by Faulty Logic »

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 08:22:24 am »
Because I am insane.

Clearly.  :o

AIP: 2

Wait, what?! What version are you playing? As of 5.046, the minimum AIP floor (and thus minimum AIP) has been bumped up to 10.

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 08:42:04 am »
Wait, what?! What version are you playing? As of 5.046, the minimum AIP floor (and thus minimum AIP) has been bumped up to 10.
Most likely 5.045.
In 5.046 the AI seems to be harder and more aggressive. The Core and Spire Hammer both sent guardians and ships on my home planets when I scouted. I didn't attack or anything. I just started the game and scouted and dozens of ships and guardians attacked me.
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 10:34:24 am »
Science Vessels are intended to be able to give you information about ARS hacking.  It wasn't directly intentional if I recall, but it felt right.  Note that Science Vessel II has cloaking and is pretty useful for this...when you aren't playing insane 10/10 games.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 11:25:43 am »
Most likely 5.045.
In 5.046 the AI seems to be harder and more aggressive. The Core and Spire Hammer both sent guardians and ships on my home planets when I scouted. I didn't attack or anything. I just started the game and scouted and dozens of ships and guardians attacked me.

Strange.
The ships I can understand, those were probably special forces ships (on high difficulties, special forces ships will not hesitate to enter your planets if the shortest distance to their next way-point takes them through it), but the guardians attacking so early seems odd. Neither guardians nor starships are eligible to be special forces ships.
Wait, did you use transports to carry your scouts? Right now, the AI typically treats transports like military ships, regardless of what is in them, and thus will free ships that the transport gets too close to.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:53:47 am by TechSY730 »

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 11:53:37 am »
Science Vessels are intended to be able to give you information about ARS hacking.  It wasn't directly intentional if I recall, but it felt right. 
Oh no, it's intentional, so you can see what you can hack for.  It's not intended to be hard (just get a science ship there _somehow_), just intended to be a little side-mission for a bit of variety. 

And it does give the ScienceIIs some kind of purpose.  Albeit they weren't so happy to hear that their purpose was "take longer to die than the Is".
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 03:28:56 pm »
Most likely 5.045.

Strange.
The ships I can understand, those were probably special forces ships (on high difficulties, special forces ships will not hesitate to enter your planets if the shortest distance to their next way-point takes them through it), but the guardians attacking so early seems odd. Neither guardians nor starships are eligible to be special forces ships.
Wait, did you use transports to carry your scouts? Right now, the AI typically treats transports like military ships, regardless of what is in them, and thus will free ships that the transport gets too close to.
No I didn't use Transports. I only sent scouts. They only seemed to attack when the scouts were detected and destroyed.
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
  • If you're not drunk you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 08:45:11 pm »
Most likely 5.045.

Strange.
No I didn't use Transports. I only sent scouts. They only seemed to attack when the scouts were detected and destroyed.

Check to see if you're fighting Etherjets or some other tractoring ship.  Any ship caught by tractor will cause local ships to awaken (afaik) and become active.
... and then we'll have cake.

Offline Faulty Logic

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Bane of the AI
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 10:57:17 pm »
Updated to latest version, then continued.

Also, in all my AARs, I play schizophrenic.

Took first three planets, repaired a cursed golem, set up whipping boy (rest of mkI turrets). Unlocked shield and triangle IIs and Warp Jammers. AIP: 42 (three planets + 2 gate raids - 2 DCs). K: 4500 (including 350 captured but unharvested).

Further scouting has revealed another arti with an advanced factory,  an armored with the dyson sphere, and two more co-ps (total of 3).
I can corroborate that scouting, even with scouts only, will now release ships. I have not, however, yet seen it release guardians.

State of Empire:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:04:57 pm by Faulty Logic »

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 11:26:47 pm »

I can corroborate that scouting, even with scouts only, will now release ships. I have not, however, yet seen it release guardians.

Hmm, that sounds like a bug. Mantis?

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 02:27:40 am »
Most likely 5.045.

Strange.

Check to see if you're fighting Etherjets or some other tractoring ship.  Any ship caught by tractor will cause local ships to awaken (afaik) and become active.
Nope. Nothing but scouts left my planet. This happened before the first wave.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 02:31:55 am by Kahuna »
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Kahuna matata!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk