Author Topic: What Spells do people use?  (Read 3041 times)

Offline Cyborg

• Master Member Mark III
Re: What Spells do people use?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 08:04:21 pm »
I like the rock throwing spell. I play with the keyboard only, and the slight arc movement that you get with the boulder allows me to do some very acrobatic attacks(this play style relies heavily on timing).
Kahuna strategy guide:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13369.0.html

Suggestions, bugs? Don't be lazy, give back:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Planetcracker. Believe it.

The stigma of hunger. http://wayw.re/Vi12BK

Offline KDR_11k

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2011, 02:13:13 am »
Energy Pulse almost seems TOO useful.  There's other "direct" ranged spells like rock throw or meteor or whatever else, but it's like... why use them when this one is available?

Because you can use them all? I hold down three different mouse buttons when firing at bosses.

Offline Martyn van Buren

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 09:53:04 am »
I really like circle of fire; it tends to score a few hits against bosses, and it's very easy to aim.  Ice cross is great too, but circle of fire has that slightly larger range, so you can use it first and follow up with ice cross if it doesn't kill them.  I find I almost always do the bulk of my damage against giant bats with it and ice cross.

Offline Terraziel

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 01:18:48 pm »
I really like circle of fire; it tends to score a few hits against bosses, and it's very easy to aim.  Ice cross is great too, but circle of fire has that slightly larger range, so you can use it first and follow up with ice cross if it doesn't kill them.  I find I almost always do the bulk of my damage against giant bats with it and ice cross.

My assertion would be, why take the risk of letting them get close, with lock-on targeting it's essentially impossible to miss with energy pulse + ball lightning, you can shoot them off the screen, and kill them with a couple of volleys. having just had a test, a same level giant bat last literally less then 5 seconds against me.

Offline snelg

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 05:59:42 am »
Death touch is probably the one I use the most so far. Followed by fire touch (hey, it's free) and ride the lightning. energy pulse (I think it was called) if I really need the range or there's a lot of enemies lined up (also, trees!).

Offline Rekka

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2011, 06:57:08 am »
I favour Fireball and Ice Cross for the moment (with Ride the Lightning of course). But I am not that far in the game so I didn't do a lot of experimentation with other spells I have. ;)

Offline superking

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 07:17:34 am »
energy pulse when multiple enemies, ball lightning vs single enemies

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk