Author Topic: Water punch changed?  (Read 936 times)

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
Water punch changed?
« on: January 05, 2013, 12:55:04 am »
I did not find this in the release notes, but water punch in 0.709 now no longer repeats when you keep the W button depressed, you have to keep pushing it in order to make it repeat. What gives?

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
Re: Water punch changed?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 01:16:49 am »
I don't remember the numbers from the previous version, but I think that the spell became less powerful too. A well placed spell could kill a weak monster in a couple of hits (Where as with sea slider half a dozen were required). Now according to the help pane Sea Slider is 32 and Water punch is 35 damage. Given that this spell is now not automatically repeatable and during to the range limitations are much harder to land, can you please tell me in which situations you would use it over Sea Slider? To me it seems, given similar damage Sea Slider is all around superior choice.

Edit: Ah, Water punch has calibre of 120. Now it does have a modicum of sense =) Makes it a situational choice now, but isn't it too situational?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 01:33:54 am by zespri »

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 03:23:34 am »
Less powerful, eh?

Hm.

That's not what I'm getting when I use it:

Needless to say, an enemy WAS standing to the right of me there, until that happened.

I'm going to take a wild guess here, and say that that is probably not supposed to happen.

Ah, betas.   Some bugs can be pretty entertaining, I think.

Edit:   Water Sine is doing it too, now.

Edit 2:  Ok, it was an item that I had that was causing it.   Triple-shot item.   Once that broke, this stopped happening.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 03:31:51 am by Misery »

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 10:14:22 am »
Yeah, triple shot effectively does triple your damage, Misery. I got one of those, and I swear, I never played a game better since I had.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk