Author Topic: Valley 2 Official 1.001-1002 "Mouse Aiming For Those Who Stood And Fought" Relea  (Read 22183 times)

Offline Panopticon

Now if you want a beautiful sprite based game, look at Knytt Underground. In terms of lighting effects and assets, it looks really pretty.

So does nifflas' previous game Saira. I really adore his stuff. I can't wait to get Knytt Underground.

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
Nifflas is just great at ambience. Even the old free knytt or within a deep forest are really good.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Ewww. It was hard to tell what it was in the videos I'd watched. I've never really liked that technique much. At least with 2.5D or whatever it's called if you throw enough artists and money at it, it looks absolutely awesome.

Aye, this.

Though, in reality, graphics arent something I even bother thinking about at all when deciding on games to play.    Even if I did, well, quite frankly I think that a huge amount of modern games are absolutely ugly.  It's been a very, very long time since I've seen a game that can genuinely impress me with visuals.  Occaisionally a game will manage a rating of "nice, I guess", but that's it.

Darkout had shiny colors, but the gameplay simply wasnt up to par, or even close.... and that's all I needed to utterly turn me off of it. 

Of course, I'm aware that it is unfortunately true that many gamers DO care, but still, some simply wont.  In my case, I'll stick with my sometimes-really-old shmups and ASCII roguelikes, thanks.

.....I forgot where I was going with any of this.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
.....I forgot where I was going with any of this.

That seems to be the theme for this thread over the last few pages...

Offline Panopticon

I'm old and easily sidetracked and confused.

So how bout that Valley 2? I can't stop playing it.

Offline LayZboy

• Full Member Mark II
I didn't like the art when it just became Black emptiness, which is all of the buildings in the game.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk