Author Topic: Valley 2 alpha v0.704 released!  (Read 10148 times)

Offline MouldyK

• Sr. Member Mark II
Re: Valley 2 alpha v0.704 released!
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 10:55:06 am »
Maybe when things get in full swing, you could maybe just make a Valley 1 sub-thread here in case people who later play it have questions? I mean if development is gonna be Valley 2 from this point on, then that could be a good compromise.

Also, Neko, thank you for the survivors using warp idea. It is really helping add an extra layer onto things for me as I am judging when I know it is safe to move people around without the Overlord following and gobbling them. Hoping to play 1-2 more games after this one before you launch next year.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 10:58:18 am »
I've just created a mantis project for this game -- go nuts!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline madcow

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2012, 11:07:34 am »
Prepare for the flood gates to really open!

You ain't seen nothing yet ;)

Offline Gemzo

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2012, 01:54:47 pm »
Gemzo and Khadgar - What difficulty level are you guys playing on?
Hero/Rook/Normal was that world.

Misery, what turn did you reach on this new version?

Also I just remembered those "miniaturize" gates didn't even have gravestones, by the way. Either they're unintended or you forgot to add one to that slice, I guess.

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2012, 01:57:00 pm »
I spy a new release notes page~

Offline Gemzo

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2012, 04:45:16 pm »
So I just remembered I thought there may have been a reason for the extremely frequent boss encounters. I noticed mercenary hotlines were always guarded by a boss preceding it. Perhaps the hotlines being so common in abandoned town tiles was what caused so many bosses?

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2012, 04:47:47 pm »
Ooh, that's probably what it was!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Jerebaldo1

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2012, 06:06:12 pm »
My male characters waste Merc tokens on 1-900 numbers; is this a bug or a feature?  ;D

Offline khadgar

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2012, 07:54:52 pm »
Mantis? Really and truly? I'm home!

<3 databases

Offline BobTheJanitor

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2012, 10:28:26 pm »
I don't see a .705 thread yet, but I just started a new game under it and is it just me or are some regions a little too long now? Like, having to go through 3 or 4 buildings with overworld stretches between them to reach the end. Or maybe that's intended? Right now since it's just the same handful of enemies over and over it starts to feel like a chore to do the platforming sections. With almost no exploration like in AVWW1 you're really just trying to get from point A to point B through a level that's effectively on rails. It's rather... boring? Anyone else getting that feeling?

Offline khadgar

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2012, 10:55:40 pm »
I don't see a .705 thread yet, but I just started a new game under it and is it just me or are some regions a little too long now? Like, having to go through 3 or 4 buildings with overworld stretches between them to reach the end. Or maybe that's intended? Right now since it's just the same handful of enemies over and over it starts to feel like a chore to do the platforming sections. With almost no exploration like in AVWW1 you're really just trying to get from point A to point B through a level that's effectively on rails. It's rather... boring? Anyone else getting that feeling?

AFAIK it isn't anything new, but I agree. I actively avoid purifying zones that have buildings on them because it takes too long... until you get movement abilities which let you jump over buildings! :)

Offline BobTheJanitor

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2012, 11:02:24 pm »
Maybe I was getting lucky or just wasn't going to city tiles before or something. But the difference between a desert tile with nothing in it and an abandoned town tile can be something like 5 to 7 minutes of extra running and gunning. It just overstays its welcome a bit, I guess. Probably once the platforming side of the game gets beefed up with some more enemies and behaviors it won't be so bad.

Offline madcow

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2012, 11:04:59 pm »
Heh, I actually like the bigger regions, because frankly the smaller ones feel too short and aren't much of a challenge.

I do hate coming out a building and spawning -in- a monster though.

It is hard to really discuss balance when only an eight of the monsters are in though. Or rather, it's easy to discuss but might not really be valid when we have more (maybe tougher) enemies.

Offline khadgar

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2012, 11:07:37 pm »
Well I don't know about you guys, but I keep getting stuck.

Can't purify any more tiles, game says I need to level up my mage classes.
Can't level up class, since overlord keep requires double jump to get through for some reason (bug probably).
Can't get double jump, because I can't purify any more tiles.

Time to delete my overlord keep world folder to get a new keep, hopefully with less impossible jumps.

Offline madcow

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2012, 11:13:57 pm »
I had the issue of needing double jump to proceed in the overlord's fortress to get tier 3 mage spells. Never occurred to me that it might be a bug. I could email that world folder if it is a bug.

I didn't keep playing that world to try and find another skelebot research station as a new patch came out though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk