Author Topic: Valley 2 alpha v0.704 released!  (Read 10108 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Valley 2 alpha v0.704 released!
« on: December 18, 2012, 08:08:16 pm »
Once again a separate thread so more testers would be likely to notice it: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Valley_2_-_Pre-Beta_Release_Notes#Alpha_.704

This is very close to the final beta, which we now hope to hit tomorrow.  I know I said that yesterday, but there was a bit more cleanup today (mainly in terms of clarity, but also a couple of key bugs) that we wanted to do.  Anyhow, once again, if any testers feel there's something critical for before beta still hanging around, make sure and drop us a line at the email address that we gave you when you started testing!  We definitely want to know if there's anything like that, but things seem to be in better shape than ever.

Lots of good stuff in this one, incidentally. ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline MouldyK

• Sr. Member Mark II
Re: Valley 2 alpha v0.704 released!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 08:26:25 pm »
My PC turned off while I was playing multiplayer in my server after I took down the wind on an Ivory Tower tile and when it loaded up again, the tile was cleared, but I am unsure if it registered the Tower's effect as the adjacent tiles were not purified...is this normal and if not, is the Ivory Tower Cave-Lighting powers useful?

Offline khadgar

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 08:37:29 pm »
I am quite excited to mess with the new storage of dispatch missions, it will help quite a bit on the harder difficulties!

Here I go!

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 08:53:47 pm »
Ooh, Dispatch storage. And warping survivors.

This is a pretty nifty update.

Offline madcow

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 09:14:35 pm »
I think listing the key binding of at least the action button in the very first dialog of the game is going to be pretty important. The bindings don't pop up until afterwards currently.

Offline Nanashi

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 09:44:29 pm »
It's not on the wiki, but you fixed the respawn bug, neat!

Offline madcow

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 10:10:14 pm »
Oh, and a minor bug (wasn't worth writing an email over really) is that if you equip a perk to change your max ammo, it only refill your ammo once you leave a region. Eg, I have 30 max ammo, I equip a +10 ammo perk. I enter a new chunk right away and still only have 30 ammo, when I leave it goes up to 40 ammo.

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 10:23:58 pm »
I actually haven't been around. Got surprisingly busy. Is there a skip scene function in this game? Given that you restart campaigns fairly regularly, turning off tutorials and cutscenes might be nice to have as options.

Offline madcow

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 10:31:22 pm »
There's a setting called "Allow Skipping Text Interjections With Cancel Button." It does what you might expect and the default is off.

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 11:24:21 pm »
Am Having A Great Time!!  The Updates Are Very Cool!!  I'm Not Dying as much, so that is very, very cool!!

:)

-T

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 11:37:04 pm »
I haven't died as much either.

Also, light rocket is best rocket for cave exploring. It can do damage, and it can be a kinda-flashlight if you fire it in front of you enough.

Offline Nanashi

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 12:29:02 am »
I'm actually starting to burn out on AVWW2 cause of bad luck with random generation - as explained in the tutorial, desert tower expansions are a priority in order to keep the difficulty rate at a manageable level - but for the second world in a row, I've had the vital tile leading to the tower (i.e. there's no way around it) blocked off by a double jump barrier. Maybe I should prioritise finding skelebot facilities instead.

If the game is hardcoded so that you can't unlock the towers until you get doublejump, maybe the message about the towers shouldn't be appearing so early.

Offline c4sc4

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 12:52:59 am »
I'm actually starting to burn out on AVWW2 cause of bad luck with random generation - as explained in the tutorial, desert tower expansions are a priority in order to keep the difficulty rate at a manageable level - but for the second world in a row, I've had the vital tile leading to the tower (i.e. there's no way around it) blocked off by a double jump barrier. Maybe I should prioritise finding skelebot facilities instead.

If the game is hardcoded so that you can't unlock the towers until you get doublejump, maybe the message about the towers shouldn't be appearing so early.

Er, that actually isn't a double jump slice, it seems to fall under an issue I had with a previous slice, it works fine getting from left to right normally, but since slices are flipped to increase the randomness of chunks, in this case, when this slice is flipped, it is impossible to proceed without double jump.

Josh, this particular slice seems to be the "ExteriorFlatJungleGymsHorizontal" slice "zm_StrangeProtuberances"

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 01:33:00 am »
Can chunks be regenerated in this game like they could in AVWW1? The skelebot mainframe room with the vent exit that generated in a place that makes me get stuck upon exiting makes it impossible for me to not take significant damage before I can break free of the glitch so if I could make the game re-generate that room it would be very convinient.
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 02:41:54 am »
I haven't run into anything i haven't been able to cope with, so far. And just got into the rain forest? where it is always raining? Anyway, I just had to come here and say IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!   :)

It really is, please tell HeavyCat they did a wonderful job!  And you all too, of course!! 

-T

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk