Author Topic: Valley 2 - Bug or Something I'm missing?  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Tagek

• Newbie Mark II
Valley 2 - Bug or Something I'm missing?
« on: December 20, 2012, 11:37:00 pm »
Hey everyone,

I just started trying the Valley 2 Beta when I got stuck during a level.
If you look at the screenshot you can see that there is very little room between the two platforms I'm supposed to jump to in order to reach the door,
and I have thus been unable to reach said door.
Is this some sort of a bug with the level generator or am I missing a certain trick to getting through that narrow entrance?

EDIT: And of course I forget to actually include the screenshot.. I'm a forum pro.

-Tagek
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 11:39:03 pm by Tagek »

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
Re: Valley 2 - Bug or Something I'm missing?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 11:46:13 pm »
Some levels require you to have miniature to pass. I don't know if this is one of them, but it could be.

I do think that they usually contain a warning that you will need mini, though.
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline madcow

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 12:03:48 am »
Yeah, if you post the world file while you're standing in that area, they can check that specific slice and fix it or add in the message about needing a specific feat to get past there.

Offline Gemzo

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 03:38:30 am »
This looks like one of the slices that Khadgar was talking about. I didn't get the explanation really, but basically they all need fixing so that the ydon't frequently lead to situations like these. The intended miniaturize gates will have a tombstone, so this is not intended. I believe he said he went through and tried to fix the ones he knew about, and was gonna send the fixed slices in or something... Not sure! Maybe he should explain it in plain text, to help people making slices as well.

Offline khadgar

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 03:55:22 am »
I'm going through and fixing slices that will have this issue. It's just an issue of one slice joining with another slice and they don't work together. I hope I'm doing this right as I modify all these text files. Tigersfan I assume is looking over my revisions and seeing that they aren't totally bjorked? :D

What I think I have discerned is that vertical slices need a 1 block clearance of open air below the @ symbol at the top of the slice and one block of open air above the @ symbol at the bottom to ensure that any generated towers will not contain a 1-block high area. I'm not entirely sure, but if I can make a concise explanation I'll post it here and in the slicemaking forum.

EDIT: http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,12203.0.html
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 04:22:14 am by khadgar »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk