Author Topic: Valley 2 alpha v0.704 released!  (Read 10134 times)

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
Re: Valley 2 alpha v0.704 released!
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2012, 03:02:02 pm »
Well, those perks were like +5% damage to spells, which as far as I could tell did not actually reduce the amount of hits it took to kill things, so I was farming for extra HP pretty much. I was on the second closed alpha build.

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2012, 10:53:36 pm »
Hi,
            I am having a small problem with dispatching rebels on the world map, I just leveled up, I think i am only level 2 or 3, not very far, but anyway, Demonica is out on one tile from the Keep, and I was hoping to get my people farther and farther from him, so i went to a tile and it says i can dispatch my survivors on a mission, like rally or look for scrap or food and when i choose those I get a pop-up (not the one with people on it, but just a blank one) that says i have 0% chance of success. Even the rally one, which i thought was supposed to be 100%.

Anyway, I will send along my world file, if i can remember how to do that, :)  Thank you for everything! The game other wise has been beautiful and wonderful!  :)

-T

p.s.  just thought i might make a new additional world and see if that fixes it!  :)  will let you know.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 10:56:18 pm by Teal_Blue »

Offline madcow

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2012, 10:59:00 pm »
What are the coordinates of the spot you're trying to send survivors to? Were there any specific ones you were trying to send?

Edit: Nevermind, this definitely seems buggy.

Double edit: I went through and cleared a windstorm generator and then was able to assign a mission both for the new dispatch and for the one you aren't able to assign. So, I would suggest gameplay wise just running a mission and then assigning two orders. But something is definitely buggy there.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 11:05:17 pm by madcow »

Offline Gemzo

« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2012, 03:35:35 am »
I don't think it's buggy. I think all your resistance fighters have done an action that turn already. I remember seeing just 0% rate with no people listed when I tried bringing up a mission like that. There does need text explaining it, though... Or just like, gray them out instead of removing them from the list.

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2012, 05:54:41 am »
Thank you Madcow and Gemzo, I think you are right, perhaps i have already used my dispatch for that turn, but yes, a popup saying 'you have already used your dispatch for this turn' would be wonderful!   :)

Thank you guys, take care,

-T

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2012, 06:00:24 am »
Thank you Madcow and Gemzo, I think you are right, perhaps i have already used my dispatch for that turn, but yes, a popup saying 'you have already used your dispatch for this turn' would be wonderful!   :)

Thank you guys, take care,

-T

Well, the "dispatch survivors on mission" option in the menu is SUPPOSED to turn red and say "already dispatched this turn" once you've done so.  There's definitely a bug there, one way or another.   Doesnt seem to be one that pops up much at least.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2012, 06:11:33 am »
Mine said "Already dispatched survivors this turn" when I did a short test of the beta yesterday. So it's definitely supposed to.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Panopticon

« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2012, 06:55:35 am »
I just want to pop in and say how much I love that the boss and his henchmen are forces out in the world actively trying to stop you. It makes the game feel so alive.

Really enjoying the beta so far, even though I haven't had a lot of time with it.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2012, 07:28:44 am »
Yep, I love that too. I always was a bit miffed at the "Boss in the Castle/Tower/Dungeon"-whatever thing. :D
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2012, 07:48:40 am »
Yep, I love that too. I always was a bit miffed at the "Boss in the Castle/Tower/Dungeon"-whatever thing. :D

Yeah, same here.

Though, on the other hand... Demonaica can be pretty freaking aggravating at times.  Always stomping on whatever I most want him NOT to stomp on.

And those blasted portals!  I wish there was like, a mission type that could "seal" them somehow;  and force the boss to spend an extra turn breaking them if he's going to pass through to that particular spot.  Too many portals unlocked on the map can make things really nasty, and you cant undo them.....

Offline MouldyK

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2012, 08:10:08 am »
Mine said "Already dispatched survivors this turn" when I did a short test of the beta yesterday. So it's definitely supposed to.

Well if you build up more than 1 dispatch turn and use all of them in one of the turns, then it assumes that since you still have one left, you can move people, even though you cannot. The trick is to make the people do 2 missions seperately when there are 2 turns waiting, not bundle it all into making all the people go one place.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk