Author Topic: Valley 1 - Getting legendary enchants  (Read 2580 times)

Offline Rob

Valley 1 - Getting legendary enchants
« on: February 24, 2013, 01:00:38 am »
Alright, so I've done pretty much everything in Valley 1 now apart from the 500 missions achievement, but I've still only managed to find one single legendary (orange) enchant. I don't really get what affects the drop rate for these things but I'm sure I must be doing something wrong as in the last ten hours or so I haven't found any purples either, so I was wondering if anyone knew some effective farming strategies or even just what affects the drop rates for high grade enchants.

The only legendary I got was found through getting to 100% of blue enchant canisters, and was found while playing with all the difficulties set to quite low. I spent about one hour farming the blue canisters with all the difficulties set to maximum but it didn't seem to affect anything, so I assume difficulty is irrelevant for this

Farming overlords and lieutenants doesn't seem that useful either, as I'm on continent 12 now and they still tend to drop blues or rarely purples. It also takes forever to clear a continent.

I've noticed that opening small chests in trophy rooms will always yield a green enchant - do any other types of chest exist anywhere? I've never seen anything better than a small one, but maybe if you go spelunking very deep you can find large chests or something?

Offline Zyzzx

Re: Valley 1 - Getting legendary enchants
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 01:02:13 am »
Been wondering about this myself.  I'm at about 40 hours /played and I haven't even seen an epic/purple yet.

I'm only on continent 2, but given my playtime, I guess you could say I have done a considerable amount of exploring, and from what I have heard, the coninent level doesn't affect enchant quality.

I am going to go ahead and update to the beta, I read one comment noting the drops are a bit better in the current beta, so I will try that out.

I have been wondering about the chests as well, I have only seen small ones.  Those seem strangely as well, some areas I see 2 in almost every room, in others, not even in the stash rooms.  Not sure if there is a pattern, they seem to only appear after the first 2 lieutenants are killed, but not at all after 3 or 4 are down, but I am not sure about that.

Offline banjo2E

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 01:24:27 am »
Been wondering about this myself.  I'm at about 40 hours /played and I haven't even seen an epic/purple yet.

I'm only on continent 2, but given my playtime, I guess you could say I have done a considerable amount of exploring, and from what I have heard, the coninent level doesn't affect enchant quality.

I am going to go ahead and update to the beta, I read one comment noting the drops are a bit better in the current beta, so I will try that out.

I have been wondering about the chests as well, I have only seen small ones.  Those seem strangely as well, some areas I see 2 in almost every room, in others, not even in the stash rooms.  Not sure if there is a pattern, they seem to only appear after the first 2 lieutenants are killed, but not at all after 3 or 4 are down, but I am not sure about that.

If you meant my post in the Urban Crawlers thread, that's just in regards to Stash room contents; even the small ones usually have 2-3 things in them, and there's a lot more gifts for survivors now.

I'm on continent 4 and have yet to get any legendaries, though I do have a couple purples. I'm in the middle of debating whether or not to go farther on or to try my luck with the Ilari Stone enchant roulette. Wish I knew how/if continents affect enchant drop rates.

Offline CosinusPW

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 01:40:21 am »
Wish I knew how/if continents affect enchant drop rates.

They do, orange loot becomes more common with each new continent you unlock.
I got my first legendary on continent 5 or 6.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk