Author Topic: The old bug  (Read 2311 times)

Offline Aquohn

• Full Member Mark III
  • WARNING: May Contain Objectionable Opinions
The old bug
« on: April 05, 2013, 12:03:07 pm »
Remember the slice error project?: http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=10526

Well, it's back!: http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=10814

After my first play of Valley 2 for a month or two, I ran into the problem again, and realised the devs hadn't fixed it yet.

So yeah, this is sort of an emergency flag thing, 'cos this might just be the tip of the iceberg.

And after that, this "highly critical" bug ;) : http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=10802
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 12:04:55 pm by Aquohn »
Arcen in Summary:
thank you so much, RNG
It aims to please!

Or is that "to kill"?  Hmm.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: The old bug
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 12:06:41 pm »
What am I looking at in that screenshot?  I don't see the error you're referring to.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Aquohn

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 12:12:23 pm »
The Leech Nest is too small.
Arcen in Summary:
thank you so much, RNG
It aims to please!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 12:17:43 pm »
It looks correct to me -- there's a leech close to you, and then a leech nest that looks about correct there on the left.

Anyhow, even if it is slightly shrunk, I don't particularly see this one as a problem.  When they are super tiny, sure.  But the game was designed so that they'd do this sort of scaling in certain circumstances, and I don't think there's a problem with small edge cases like this.  The big problem was when there were loads and loads of enemies that were fixed in position in particular and which were oddly tiny and all sorts of other errors.  There were like 1300 of those that we fixed, and all were pretty severe.  This just doesn't seem remotely in that class to me.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Aquohn

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 12:22:20 pm »
I see (actually I was the one who made the first report, so I know exactly what was wrong. Those were dark and terrible days for Environ). I wasn't aware of the scaling, so I assumed that deviations in size were all caused by the same thing that triggered the nonsense from way back, and was worried that you'd missed out some of those. So sorry, false alarm ;).
Arcen in Summary:
thank you so much, RNG
It aims to please!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 12:24:51 pm »
No worries!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk