Author Topic: Am I mistaken or is Valley 2 doing fairly well this Steam (Spring) Sale?  (Read 3000 times)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
I just noticed that Valley 2 has been on the first page of the "Top Sellers"  category everytime I checked (which has been a couple of times). I am starting to get my hopes up for  a Valley 2 expansion later this year ;D...

I will keep my fingers crossed for you guys!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 08:16:59 am by nas1m »
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
I'd describe it's performance during the sale as "solid". I'm not sure what that means for it long term, I don't think anyone can say that for sure at this point.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
We were pleasantly surprised with its performance, yes.  It's nothing phenomenal and even at this rate it's going to be a long road to that project being profitable in its own right, but at this point we're not too picky about which of our games is bringing in the dough ;)  And it is doing that.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Good to hear! Just keep them coming 8)...
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline madcow

• Hero Member Mark III
I certainly hope it does well enough to warrant an expansion or extra content later on. After all my time in beta I still love it.  Even after beating it post release, am now occassionally working on multiplayer with a buddy (which so far has involved me being a carry telling him where to move survivors over mumble while finishing off bosses that kill him).

Offline Orpheusftw

I certainly hope it's doing alright. I admit I'm one of the spring sale newcomers that sort of bought it on a "yolo", but I'm glad I did. I know that since I picked it up dirt cheap, it isn't exactly showering the revenue upon you and I'm sorry for that, but so far I've quite enjoyed both of them (they're surprisingly different games) and will be checking out Shattered Haven and any of your other games.
I realize the Valley's aren't for everyone. I feel like many people don't seem to *get* what its all about, but I think the platforming/strategy of Valley 2 has massive potential, and I enjoyed the bits of humor in the writing.
So while I hope they and future releases do well for you, even if they don't, you can take pride in having done something unique. Pride may not pay the bills, but I can respect developers gutsy enough to try to forge new paths in gaming.
Best of luck.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
No need to be sorry for picking it up cheap; we wouldn't sell it that low if we weren't ok with it :)  Thanks for the support!  If you want to help more, spreading the word is probably the most important way.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
There's also a donation link if you somehow feel that you haven't paid Arcen enough money.

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
No need to be sorry for picking it up cheap; we wouldn't sell it that low if we weren't ok with it :)  Thanks for the support!  If you want to help more, spreading the word is probably the most important way.

Seconded all the way around!

Offline Orpheusftw

There's also a donation link if you somehow feel that you haven't paid Arcen enough money.

For sure, but I think I'll sooner just buy more of their games at full price, starting with Shattered Haven on GoG. (I was thinking of picking that up anyway, before I even knew it was Arcen.) That way we both win.

I know I'll get a lot of hours of enjoyment from both Valley's, (I've already got more than my money's worth) so thanks for the sale Arcen.
Also, hold onto Pablo Vega, he's quite talented.  There's some quality tunes in there.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
Also, hold onto Pablo Vega, he's quite talented.  There's some quality tunes in there.
Definitely.  We're keeping him busy!

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
Definitely.  We're keeping him busy!
Darn it. Because of this I have to play sheet music on my level rather than pablo vega's music. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk