Author Topic: Requesting multiplayer feedback  (Read 7310 times)

Offline Oralordos

• Sr. Member Mark III
  • Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
Re: Requesting multiplayer feedback
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2012, 09:36:02 am »
I had thought that all downstream bugs came from a particular server instance. Which means that restarting the server fixes it. In that case, you should keep the current world, we managed to get all the way to continent 5 there, that's something special.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2012, 10:48:37 am »
Yea, I haven't seen any bugs that would be "fixed" by doing a new world except for chunks that have already been generated with too few platforms or whatever, and those are fairly easily dealt with by simply moving on.  If there is something that really doesn't go away with server restarts we just need to fix it :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline silverhound

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2012, 12:54:09 pm »
Tier orb bug made a re-appearance.
this time with tier 3 orbs.

I think there might be something else going on, havent gotten any tier 3 abilities yet, i'm at the crafting station, its showing miasma whip 3 as available, i click to use it. its still there, i click again, still there, i click a third time, still there.
I leave the game, rejoin

No Tier 3 orbs in my possession anymore.

Here's the thing though, i havent gotten any abilities to tier 3 (i havent even got more than 2 of em to tier 2).
The only other player present this entire time didn't upgrade any abilities to tier 3 either (and ran into the same problem i had, also clicked 3 times trying to upgrade).

So, not only are the Tier orbs being used up for everyone, but they arent actually making any spells either.

Continent is at 320 cp, so we should've had 9 orbs each, we got the continent from 0 cp to 320 cp without seeing any other players so it couldnt have been involvement of a third either.

edit:
added to mantisbt:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=6899
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 01:00:10 pm by silverhound »

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2012, 01:30:49 pm »
Sigh, tier orbs no play nice, Thog smash! :(

Will look into it, thanks :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline silverhound

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2012, 02:00:43 pm »
added info:

We just did another mission (getting cp to 360)

Head back to the settlement, he tries to upgrade once, still has the same problem with not actually upgrading, i log out and in. no tier 3 orbs at all.
my guess:
For some reason they are only shown on our end, and not on the server's end.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:02:49 pm by silverhound »

Offline Toll

• Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2012, 02:14:54 pm »
I'm assuming all data relevant to inventory etc are stored in world.dat and/or region.dat? If so, want me to send them to you, Keith, so you can have a closer look at them?

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2012, 02:18:16 pm »
All player inventory is in world.dat; but I can probably reproduce this one locally.

Offline silverhound

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2012, 02:26:30 pm »
Okay, even more info coming up:

I just checked, and there were 24 tier 2 orbs with 3 abilities already at tier 2, so thats 27 tier 2 orbs.
for some reason those 12 orbs were shown to us at tier 3 when given, but the server considers them tier 2 orbs.

I wasnt using the tier 2 orb head implant, and as far as i know neither was the other player present.
Any reason the tier 2 orb head implant effect might've still be present?

Offline DeBunny

• Newbie Mark II
  • The Watcher
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2012, 05:27:57 pm »
I dunno if the problem got solved somewhere, but it looks like I'm able to make Tier 3 spells on the server...
There's a few orbs there and I was able to use one for Ball Lightning.

Offline silverhound

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2012, 08:46:00 pm »
Any chance you could tell us how many of them were tier 2 for you and how many tier 3? (alongside total CP)

edit:
Just went on the server myself,
on CP 520 there are:
27 tier 2 orbs
3 tier 3 orbs
9 tier 4 orbs
Double checked with another char who hasnt been there before, same result.

Also can now say with absolute certainty that the only two players present weren't wearing a diluter 2 enchant
I wasn't wearing one, and he didn't even have one yet, and when he finally got one he had no reason to put it on so its unused up to the point of this writing.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:02:49 pm by silverhound »

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2012, 09:53:02 pm »
I dunno if the problem got solved somewhere, but it looks like I'm able to make Tier 3 spells on the server...
There's a few orbs there and I was able to use one for Ball Lightning.
Yea, I tried this with a slightly older copy of Toll's world and I just can't get it to consume stuff without giving me the spell or give me the wrong tier of orb from a mission.  And while I thought it might be the game thinking that the "diluter-2" effect was still on silverhound, I can't find any evidence of that.  I can try something different sometime tomorrow.

Offline silverhound

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2012, 10:21:49 pm »
I hadn't worn a diluter enchant since before i fought the overlord in continent 4 (actually took it off prior to fighting the overlord because i wanted a torso implant from him. i got lucky, just not lucky enough (wasn't the one i wanted heh).

So i'd already logged out wearing the torso-seeker enchant and back in wearing the torso-seeker before ever visiting continent 5.
Maybe the desynch might've been related somehow?

Edit:
World is now at 760 cp
42 tier 2 orbs
3 tier 3 orbs
12 tier 4 orbs
0 tier 5 orbs

1 thing every fluke has in common, i hate to say... is me being on.
The only time tier 3 orbs were gained was when that mission was done while i wasnt present, the same for the tier 4 orbs.
For some reason either having me on the server (or more likely) having me in the mission... causes it to go bad.
Last couple missions i tried to do a bunch of things including:
switch out my torso-seeker and diluter 2 implant twice to see if it removed the tag (didn't work)
keep my head implant slot open entirely (didn't work)
my identity is silverhound (#38)
I really thought that either the diluter 2 implant somehow left the idea behind that i was still wearing it, or that the identity of the torso-seeker and diluter 2 implant had been switched under the engine, but thats not it either.

edit:
It's confirmed, i wasn't present in a mission when it was completed (from 760 cp to 800 cp) and this time it did give tier 5 orbs.

So, why is this happening to me? do those orbs really hate me? did i do something to offend them? or do i have a secret cult of tier 2 orb worshippers that kill off all other orbs and take over their place in secret?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 11:36:43 pm by silverhound »

Offline Toll

• Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2012, 03:25:35 pm »
Just an FYI, I'll be shutting down the server for the night in about half an hour. Don't want to have it running with the memory leak since it'll just crash anyway.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk