Author Topic: Question about profession level  (Read 2144 times)

Offline Sekoria

Question about profession level
« on: March 05, 2013, 02:41:35 pm »
Hello everyone.

Sorry if this question has already been asked but I didn't find an answer to it. There are several achievements requesting to make a survivor's level go up in AVWW 1. However, I have no idea how to make a profession level go up. Is it one level every 1000 profession points? Or is there something else?

Thank you.

Offline Winge

Re: Question about profession level
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 04:54:11 pm »
I believe that level is a reference to the survivor's professional skill.  Skill level can be increased by constructing buildings or by gifting skill books.  To build a structure, go to the world map, to a tile without a windstorm, and select Guardian Powers to build a structure.  You must have one appropriate Guardian Power scroll per building, and you can only build one structure per square.  Also, no more normal missions will appear anywhere you build a structure, and scrolls like Rescue Survivor will have no effect on that tile.  Finally, buildings suffer sever diminishing returns (50% every building), so don't search for scrolls for more than 1-2 of a building per skill level (more doesn't hurt, but it really doesn't do much at that point).

Skill books can be found randomly in stashes (and are much more common after the patch, thank goodness!).  Just go to the survivor and gift them the appropriate book.  Unlike buildings, skill books do not suffer from diminishing returns.

If I'm misunderstanding your question, please accept my apologies.  I can't say I've ever gone for those achievements; I quit after my survivors were able to reduce the overlords level to the minimum.
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

Offline Sekoria

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 03:07:34 pm »
Thank you for your input, that was kind of you, however I already knew that. Actually, my question was "by how much should I level my survivor skill before having his profession level up"? I have some survivors at more than 600 but it didn't do anything about that.

Offline Winge

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 06:35:14 pm »
I wish I knew the answer to that, lol.  As mentioned, I usually got my survivors to the point where I could lower the overlord's level to mine, and left it at that.  I think I've gotten survivors up to the 1,000+ skill range before.  However, it's been a while, and my memory is not the best.
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 07:04:30 pm »
I think the profession level might have been a relic from older releases of the game. That explains why it's not actually in the steam achievements list (or at least, it isn't for me). Probably they removed it from the achievements on steam, but didn't bother to in the actual game menu.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk