Author Topic: Q & A  (Read 163673 times)

Offline KingIsaacLinksr

• Master Member
  • A Paladin Without A Crusade...
Re: Q & A
« Reply #270 on: October 03, 2011, 01:23:20 pm »
Ok, thanks guys.  I figured it out, (I hadn't gone over 2 chunks to the actual wind shelter site) having some really blond moments today.  Obvious sign of the mondays x_x...

King
Casual reviewer with a sense of justice.
Visit the Arcen Mantis to help: https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/
A Paladin's Blog. Long form videogame reviews focusing on mechanics and narrative analyzing. Plus other stuff. www.kingisaaclinksr.com

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #271 on: October 03, 2011, 01:31:36 pm »
The Deep - is current "look" of the place there to stay?

That blurring shader that gets left out and bugs when alt+tabbed is annoying.

Sort of -- there needs to be more tuning.  And for the bug on alt-tabbing, that's a known bug in mantis we just haven't had a chance to fix it yet.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BobTheJanitor

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #272 on: October 03, 2011, 06:55:37 pm »
Hah, after all my moping about traps, I run into a guardian stone in a new settlement today that tells me to beware of trapped switches. Thanks! Where were you yesterday, guardian stone?

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #273 on: October 03, 2011, 07:11:14 pm »
:D
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Commiesalami

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #274 on: October 04, 2011, 02:26:48 am »
Is there anyway to determine if an overlord has any lieutenants left?

And on a completely unrelated note: Is there anyway to lure a lieutenant out of an overlords room?

Offline Hyfrydle

« Reply #275 on: October 04, 2011, 08:13:06 am »
Q:When trying to access the higher spellgems is this based on civilisation level or region level? Is the below correct?

Civ level 1-5 Spell gem level 1
Civ level 6 - 10 Spell gem level 2
Civ level 11 - 15 Spell gem level 3

Does this increase every 5 levels?

Offline zebramatt

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #276 on: October 04, 2011, 08:23:53 am »
I think it's based on the difference between your civ level and the region level.

Offline Ceerox

« Reply #277 on: October 04, 2011, 08:36:17 am »
Q:When trying to access the higher spellgems is this based on civilisation level or region level? Is the below correct?

Civ level 1-5 Spell gem level 1
Civ level 6 - 10 Spell gem level 2
Civ level 11 - 15 Spell gem level 3

Does this increase every 5 levels?

The lvl of the area the vein is in is what matters.

Ranks go up by one every 5 lvls with the rank 1 gem only being available until vein lvl 4, however.

So it's as follows:
vein in area lvl 1-4:     gem lvl 1
vein in area lvl 5-9:     gem lvl 2
vein in area lvl 10-14: gem lvl 3

What you shouldn't forget is that the lvl of the vein isn't necessarily the lvl of the tile on the world map (with
"highest" underground areas always being 1 lvl above the lvl of the world map tile).

Offline Hyfrydle

« Reply #278 on: October 04, 2011, 08:43:40 am »
So the level of the vein will actually be higher than the region but this gives a good rule of thumb to finding higher level gems. Which becomes more important as the civ level increases and higher level targets start appearing.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #279 on: October 04, 2011, 09:48:12 am »
Tier = (Level / 5) + 1.

In general, for raw gem veins, what the game considers a "modern" spellgem for you, etc.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Hyfrydle

« Reply #280 on: October 04, 2011, 11:52:31 am »
So at level 15 the gem tier equals 4 and are these gems found in the level 15 regions? Sorry for all the questions but for some reason I'm finding it hard getting my head around how this works.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #281 on: October 04, 2011, 11:55:37 am »
So at level 15 the gem tier equals 4 and are these gems found in the level 15 regions?
Presumably, it might actually be level 16 before you see tier 4 (that is, ((level-1)/5)+1.

Sorry for all the questions but for some reason I'm finding it hard getting my head around how this works.
No problem.  Basically every 5 levels you'll start seeing a higher tier of stuff.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Terraziel

« Reply #282 on: October 04, 2011, 11:57:41 am »
Your civ level doesn't matter, all that matters is the chunk level as shown in the orange bar

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #283 on: October 04, 2011, 11:58:34 am »
So at level 15 the gem tier equals 4 and are these gems found in the level 15 regions?
Presumably, it might actually be level 16 before you see tier 4 (that is, ((level-1)/5)+1.

Actually, since it's the CHUNK level, not the region level, that matters, you probably would start seeing them there.  Seeing as the topmost caves of a level 15 region would be level 16.

Offline BobTheJanitor

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #284 on: October 04, 2011, 09:55:35 pm »
Q: Why do I see monsters (usually skelebots I think) healing randomly? Especially obvious on the giant 'bot bosses. Their feet flash green and their HP goes up slowly. Does this mean anything? Is there some way to stop this? At first I assumed this was related to areas where a windstorm was ongoing, since that makes monsters stronger, but I've noticed it happens in areas under the protection of a wind shelter as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk