Author Topic: Q & A  (Read 164132 times)

Offline BobTheJanitor

• Master Member Mark II
Re: Q & A
« Reply #225 on: September 30, 2011, 10:38:48 pm »
"Belgium"

Such language! Need I refer you to the rules about profanity?

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #226 on: September 30, 2011, 10:41:42 pm »
Q: Why does the fantasy world of Environ contain a 'Colorado Blue Spruce'? Is that name a leftover from when the story took place in an Earth setting, or something more sinister?

The real reason is that's simply the name of the plant; not much beyond that. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #227 on: September 30, 2011, 11:43:35 pm »
More importantly, why does our character know the names of trees, if they are from the 32th ice-age i'd suppose they have no clue what a tree even is - and certainly not be able to name em
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #228 on: October 01, 2011, 12:00:53 am »
More importantly, why does our character know the names of trees, if they are from the 32th ice-age i'd suppose they have no clue what a tree even is - and certainly not be able to name em

Don't make me say it. :)

...Magic? ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline zebramatt

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #229 on: October 01, 2011, 04:02:27 am »
Q: is it intentional that your platforms block spells but preplaced ones do not?

Player-crafted platforms are susceptible to background-object-damaging (usually melee) spells.

Preplaced platforms are not considered background objects.

Offline Nenad

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #230 on: October 01, 2011, 05:05:29 am »
Q: How do I build something that asks for 150 or 200 Time Units, when everyone has just 100 TU?

Offline Dizzard

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #231 on: October 01, 2011, 06:55:02 am »
Q: How do I build something that asks for 150 or 200 Time Units, when everyone has just 100 TU?

When you end the turn, the time units for each settler goes up a bit.

Edit: I have my own question now, what are sunstones and moonstones for? I collected two sunstones already but I don't seem to be able to use it for anything....
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 12:29:02 pm by Dizzard »

Offline c4sc4

« Reply #232 on: October 01, 2011, 01:09:15 pm »

Each time you end a turn, every npc gets 100 TU, if they are assigned a job, they lose 50 TU. If a npc still has TU when you end a turn, they roll over to the next turn, ie: A character without a job has 50 TU left over and you end a turn, that npc will then have 150 TU.

I have my own question now, what are sunstones and moonstones for? I collected two sunstones already but I don't seem to be able to use it for anything....

Sunstones and Moonstones are used as crafting ingredients. Right now all they can be used to craft are two time changing spells.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #233 on: October 01, 2011, 01:11:36 pm »
Each time you end a turn, every npc gets 100 TU, if they are assigned a job, they lose 50 TU. If a npc still has TU when you end a turn, they roll over to the next turn, ie: A character without a job has 50 TU left over and you end a turn, that npc will then have 150 TU.
FYI, the gain each turn isn't necessarily 100; it's whatever that NPC's morale value is (100 is the cap).  The cost of working a structure is half the gain for that turn.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline c4sc4

« Reply #234 on: October 01, 2011, 01:18:48 pm »
FYI, the gain each turn isn't necessarily 100; it's whatever that NPC's morale value is (100 is the cap).  The cost of working a structure is half the gain for that turn.

Oooh, that makes sense.

Offline Dizzard

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #235 on: October 02, 2011, 06:29:05 am »
What's the best place to find blue conciousness shards? It's only now when I'm starting to run out big time that I'm noticing I end up with other colours nearly the whole time. I explored some buildings earlier and I don't think I came across any blue shards. I don't think I got any for defeating bosses either....

I wish there was a way to convert one colour shard into another.....I have who knows how many of the other colours sitting around when I'm in desperate need for blue ones.

Also while I'm asking, if these shards are fragments of the people who didn't survive the transition....what do the colours mean in that regard? What makes one person who didn't survive be a blue shard and another person a green shard. Just curious.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #236 on: October 02, 2011, 10:26:45 am »
What's the best place to find blue conciousness shards? It's only now when I'm starting to run out big time that I'm noticing I end up with other colours nearly the whole time. I explored some buildings earlier and I don't think I came across any blue shards. I don't think I got any for defeating bosses either....

I wish there was a way to convert one colour shard into another.....I have who knows how many of the other colours sitting around when I'm in desperate need for blue ones.
Conversion isn't something we'd want to have, or at least not have be accessible at all early or be anything near 1:1; making resources interchangeable tends to lead to design problems.

Anyway, what you're experiencing is just transitional: the costs will be more varied in colors, worry not :) 

Are you actually running out of shards?  There's something like 1000 in each settlement's starting stockpile, and you can just take from the newer settlements and give it to the settlements you want to use them from.

Also while I'm asking, if these shards are fragments of the people who didn't survive the transition....what do the colours mean in that regard? What makes one person who didn't survive be a blue shard and another person a green shard. Just curious.
That's one of the mysteries :)  One possibility is different personalities/hopes/dreams/etc.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Dizzard

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #237 on: October 02, 2011, 11:12:29 am »
Are you actually running out of shards?  There's something like 1000 in each settlement's starting stockpile, and you can just take from the newer settlements and give it to the settlements you want to use them from.

At the moment I have around 100 blue shards (111 in one, 137 in the other) in both of my two settlements. I went underground recently and picked up some blue shards (before that I was around the 10-30 blue shards point in both settlements)

Maybe I'm just not going underground enough, I usually tend more towards the commodity towers, resources and evil outposts.

It might also just be me being a bit haphazard with clicking the end turn button, since the earlier version of the game I don't think it took up blue shards to go to the next turn.

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #238 on: October 02, 2011, 11:24:04 am »
Running of shards became much easier now. Time unit addition means you need more turns to get something done. And apparently ice bats drop white+green? shards and mini bat bosses underground in ice area drop green+purple. So only reasonable shard source for blues are caches in ice areas. I didn't check out swamp areas tho. I think that none of bosses available are dropping blue shards(not 100% sure about amoebas).

Also scouting costs get quite large now. And I still have my main settlement (first one) with capped happiness saying that some lieutenant is oppressing it. I already killed closest overlord and his lieutenants. And without ability to cross oceans it's hard to explore further. Some way of showing if area is oppressed by lieutenant on map could be useful(mantised this one).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 11:35:09 am by orzelek »

Offline Dizzard

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #239 on: October 02, 2011, 11:46:16 am »
It would be lovely if there was a boss that gave out blue shards.

Yeah I think it's the ice areas that give out the blue shards, I was just looking around the underground of the bronze age and it was all yellow shards lying around.

At least I know where to go for certain now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk