Author Topic: Post when you host  (Read 42665 times)

Offline superking

• Hero Member Mark III
Post when you host
« on: December 03, 2011, 05:31:08 am »
Heres an idea: post your IP here when you host a multiplayer game. The thread will bump to the top and anyone lurking can immediately join up.

List of servers: http://septagram.eu/index.php
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 03:35:54 pm by superking »

Offline Hyfrydle

Re: Post when you host
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 05:59:15 am »
Great idea maybe a thread should be stickied to show MP games available.

Offline Zenchess

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 06:05:40 am »
If I can drag my friend out of terraria (i just bought him a copy of AVWW) i'll host a game in an hour or two.

I really like the price of AVWW right now.  I end up buying a couple of my friends multi games and the current price at 9.99 is perfect for that. 
I'm really excited to explore a strange new world with other people :P

Offline Toll

• Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 06:56:12 am »
Hosted at 213.114.79.11. Fresh world (I didn't even do the intro myself). European, in case you're curious, but with the server-model, it shouldn't matter. I probably won't play it myself (I'm rather limited time-wise right now), but you guys have fun!

Offline Toll

• Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 07:15:56 am »
Did someone connect to my world and is playing around in it? I'm getting sounds of doors opening and closing :P

Offline Zenchess

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 07:33:19 am »
Yep there's a few people in there :P

Offline Toll

• Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 07:35:53 am »
Awesome! And don't worry about me hearing doors; if it becomes too annoying, I'll just mute AVWW for the time being.

Offline @B0FH

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 07:50:49 am »
Did some resource raiding and the tutorial yeah :)  It makes the game feel more alive encountering other bods about the place!

Offline superking

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 08:01:59 am »
the first town is packed with idlers, nobody responded to me on chat  :(

Offline @B0FH

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 08:03:59 am »
Not sure if the glyphbearers are removed on player disconnect, or if they stay represented ingame.  if the former, needs to be a way to show they're not logged in ;)

Offline Toll

• Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 08:04:31 am »
Right now, players never actually leave the world, even when AVWW is closed. Thus, lots of "idlers".

Offline Toll

• Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 08:05:21 am »
Oh, and this also currently means that once you've logged into a world, you're unable to reconnect without changing your username.

Offline Hyfrydle

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 08:37:35 am »
That explains the silence when chatting. Would be nice to adventure with other people sometime.

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 09:08:34 am »
That explains the silence when chatting. Would be nice to adventure with other people sometime.

Sorry I couldn't stay longer, but taking out that tower with you was fun.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 09:16:51 am »
Right now, players never actually leave the world, even when AVWW is closed. Thus, lots of "idlers".
It's supposed to honor a disconnect from the escape menu and also checks for timeouts (about 30 seconds with the connection actually dead) and it generally did so during testing but "in the wild" it's been a lot more intermittent, which is regrettable because yes, it does in fact prevent you from logging back into that server under that customer ID until the server finally realizes you're gone (which in my experience has meant killing the server).

It seems to me the solution is to make it so that if the server gets an incoming login request for a customer ID that's already logged in, it should drop the first connection for that customer ID and let the new request connect.  That does leave room for griefing but it wouldn't be something trivial to do (and I can make it harder) and I think it's more important to make the experience for people-not-trying-to-be-jerks better.

Thoughts?
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk