Author Topic: Email notification?  (Read 4284 times)

Offline WCG

Email notification?
« on: February 07, 2011, 11:25:19 pm »
I like what I'm hearing about the game so far, and I'm definitely interested. But although I registered here, I don't plan to come back to this forum. I'd rather just wait until the game is released. So how about sending out an email notification when the game is ready for purchase (or trial)? Can you do that to all registered people here?

If not, maybe you could set up a request list for email notification. Yeah, I imagine that I'll hear about the game anyway, but I've been known to miss games and not discover them for some time. I've got a lot going on - at certain times of the year, particularly.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Email notification?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 10:34:16 am »
Possibly... our forum members aren't always enthused if we send out a blast email, but for something as big as this that's probably what we'll do.  Thanks for your enthusiasm!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
Re: Email notification?
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 12:24:47 am »
I don't mind "blast" emails if they are for one of 3 reasons,

1. The first public beta of a new product
2. The first stable version of a new product
3. A major security/stability issue has been discovered that I will need an upgrade for (or if it was something on the site, so I can change my password)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk