Author Topic: Discussion: New stat: dexterity  (Read 4952 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Discussion: New stat: dexterity
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2012, 03:37:52 pm »
On the waterwalking, that sounds like a great idea for mantis -- I'm not looking to try to balance that right this second, so I can't really respond more than "sounds like an interesting possibility for the future."

With the Elven Boots, that's actually an inside joke -- and a reference to Tidalis, which was itself to the aforementioned inside joke. ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2012, 04:09:00 pm »
Nice changelog. Though I think you should name the new boot type "Sylvan Boots", since I don't remember any Elves being in this game and the other word is fancier with similar connotations! Hahaha.
Elven Boots is an in-joke :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Martyn van Buren

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2012, 06:55:27 pm »
Just wondering, would it be worth including a pointer to the release notes either on the main menu or if possible in the updater?  Seems to me some players who don't visit the fora may not be expecting the mechanics changes.  I remember being really confused in AI War when siege starships stopped hitting shields; I think I joined Mantis to report that as a bug.  But perhaps I was just unusually naive.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2012, 06:58:03 pm »
My hope is that they will go to the "What's New" section on the main menu.  Or more accurately, that they will notice that there is a giant new Feet slot -- it should be more obvious than suddenly just having dexterity or something. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Martyn van Buren

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2012, 07:03:01 pm »
Oh, I feel dumb; I've looked at the main menu so many times I stopped seeing the "What's New" button.  That is exactly what I was suggesting.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2012, 07:12:01 pm »
No worries; I imagine others miss it also.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk