Author Topic: New World Timing?  (Read 7599 times)

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
New World Timing?
« on: December 14, 2011, 04:27:32 pm »
Any idea when it will be safe to try to create a new world? My world from several versions before the "power coding session" is now using too much of the "old generated" layout, so I would like to start anew. However, with so many changes to the system, there is too much risk that my new world/character will become "out of date" (aka. for the "full AVWW experience" of that version, using an old file will not do). Any idea when it will be safe to start again and have a reasonably good chance of my save file surviving sanely the next few versions?

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
Re: New World Timing?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 04:30:13 pm »
I'm planning to start a new one at the end of this week. But, the timing on that may change.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 04:31:31 pm »
For broad structure, late this week is probably a good bet.  For true balance... we'll just have to see.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline zebramatt

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 05:02:45 pm »
For broad structure, late this week is probably a good bet.  For true balance... we'll just have to see.

For the TRUE balance, probably some time in 2013!

For balance approaching a stable and enjoyable shadow of the truth, probably much sooner!

;)

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 05:21:13 pm »

Actually, for TRUE balance, we need to define formally what balance among unequal agents is, as well as a way to be sure that changes are getting closer to this ideal.
This is a question no one has quite sorted out yet. Just look at fighting games for instance. :P

So for TRUE balance, probably never. :D

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 06:00:46 pm »

Actually, for TRUE balance, we need to define formally what balance among unequal agents is, as well as a way to be sure that changes are getting closer to this ideal.
This is a question no one has quite sorted out yet. Just look at fighting games for instance. :P

So for TRUE balance, probably never. :D
The heat death of Environ?
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk