Author Topic: Character Differences?  (Read 926 times)

Offline BobbyBirdseed

Character Differences?
« on: April 26, 2012, 07:01:04 pm »
First off, I'm completely in love with this game. A few friends and I are just taking our time and enjoying every minute of it, life or death!

Now, I'm just completely curious as if there are any REAL differences between the characters? For example, the Ice Age characters you start with have Cold Resistance, and have fairly even HP/Attack/Mana. However, when you rescue/get newer characters, they have a LOT lower HP, typically higher Attack, and normal Mana.

So my question is, is there anything different about these people besides the drastically different HP/ATK/MP numbers and the lack of resistance to heat/cold, or is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks!

Offline Penumbra

• Sr. Member Mark III
Re: Character Differences?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 07:05:24 pm »
This is from the patch notes:

Quote from: x4000
The stats for characters now varies in a more obvious way based on their time period (all of these "points" are internal random rolling allocations -- how they translate to in-game actual stats doesn't matter, as that tends to change, but rather what matters is their relative values compared to one another):
  • Time Of Magic characters lose 3 health points, but get 2 extra attack points and 4 extra mana points.
  • Medieval characters have 6 extra health points, but actually lose 3 mana points.
  • Bronze Age characters have 3 extra health points.
  • Pre-industrial characters have 2 fewer health points, but 5 extra attack points.
  • Industrial characters have 3 extra attack points.
  • Contemporary characters have 2 extra health points, and 1 extra mana point.
  • Ice age characters all have 4 health points, making them one of the easier types of characters to choose (they get an extra point compared to all others).
  • Neutral skelebots get 7 extra health points, but lose 2 points from both attack and mana.
Ice age characters are cold tolerant without a suit.

Neutral skelebots are heat and cold tolerant but also heavy, meaning they cannot benefit from jump enchants and fall much faster.

Draconites are slower and have much less mana, but have extra attack. They don't jump as high, but are the only character who is heat tolerant without being heavy. Meaning they can benefit from Jump enchants while in the lava flats.

So, beyond Draconites being slower, and female Skelebots being larger, the rest is just stats, heat/cold and graphics.

Oh yeah, Draconites don't speak  ;)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 07:14:58 pm by Penumbra »

Offline BobbyBirdseed

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 07:34:22 pm »
Thank you very much! I appreciate the response!

I only asked because my friend swore he saw his character regenerating health, and I really didn't believe him, so I figured, "TO THE FORUMS!"

Once again, thanks for the fairly quick response!

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 07:45:05 am »
Welcome to the forums!

And yeah, Penumbra hit on the answer pretty well. Thanks for that Penumbra!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk