Author Topic: Bug Report: Gates in Ocean Shallows  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Stg

• Newbie Mark II
Bug Report: Gates in Ocean Shallows
« on: May 20, 2012, 10:33:23 pm »
Mantis doesn't want to work for me right now, though the weather here is pretty bad and my net has been screwing up as of late. If someone wants to submit this to Mantis to get the bug fixed, feel free.

Anyways, if you try to teleport using a gate without entering it when the gate is not next to a solid body (platform, box, ground, etc.) it will never allow you to teleport. Instead, it will tell you that it is loading the chunk while you float to the bottom in the background - unable to control your character. After a few seconds, you regain control of your character since it is unable to load the area you selected. You must place a platform so that you are standing directly next to the gate before you are able to teleport to the selected area - or just jump inside.

Now, this wouldn't be a big deal except I tried to jump past a gate to teleport away from my imminent death only to watch my character float to the ground covered in mini-whales while the game tried to load the area I chose. Needless to say, I died while waiting for the chunk to load. Very frustrating.

Offline Stg

• Newbie Mark II
Re: Bug Report: Gates in Ocean Shallows
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 11:24:11 pm »
I forgot to add something to my previous post - a suggestion for Steam version.

When my friend's message me or start a game, it completely blocks the dungeon map. How difficult would it be to add a feature to remove Steam popup notifications? I know Amnesia did this, but in the developer commentary, they said it was an act of attrition just to get Steam to allow that feature - though it would completely break the atmosphere having your friend's talk to you while playing that game. While I like talking to my friends and getting invites to other games while playing AVWW, having their chatbox pop up in the bottom right corner becomes a hassle on occasion.

Or maybe someone has a different idea to compensate for this rather than disabling Steam pop-ups altogether?

Offline Toll

• Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 12:40:11 am »
I recognise that bug; you're playing MP, I assume, and you sink outside of the gate's radius while choosing where to teleport/pressing the OK button? If so, it's already in the mantis. What you could do is to enter the gate and teleport from there instead.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 11:22:02 am »
Or maybe someone has a different idea to compensate for this rather than disabling Steam pop-ups altogether?
I thought there were controls for moving the dungeon map; just shifting it up however many pixels would seem to do it.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Stg

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 10:18:40 pm »
I recognise that bug; you're playing MP, I assume, and you sink outside of the gate's radius while choosing where to teleport/pressing the OK button? If so, it's already in the mantis. What you could do is to enter the gate and teleport from there instead.

I am not playing MP. I have yet to play with anyone else, so all of my posts thus far have been attributed to the single player portion of this game.

I thought there were controls for moving the dungeon map; just shifting it up however many pixels would seem to do it.

I guess I need to look around in the options a bit more to see about moving the map.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk