Author Topic: Beta is looking like the 26th.  (Read 17708 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Beta is looking like the 26th.
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2011, 07:04:33 pm »
Thanks in return, Sapo, and welcome to the forums!

KDR_11k -- yeah, I am sorry about that.  But we just need that time in order to actually finalize the last few things, and we also need the week of time where others can run into any remaining bugs during hours where we can fix them in a respectable time.  The worst thing I can imagine is to release the game on a Friday and then walk away for the weekend with someone possibly running into an issue that the alpha testers missed or that is specific to their machine, etc.

On the plus side, by the time you get to it next weekend there will be a bunch of new cool stuff to enjoy, since there will be another 5 days' worth of additions in there. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline goodgimp

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2011, 10:46:16 pm »
Really bloody excited about this. I'm going to buy this twice, once for Beta access and then once again on Steam or Impulse since I am absolutely terrible at keeping track of where I ordered which game from whom! :)

As I understand it, multiplayer won't be available initially. Are there any estimates on when coop will be showing up?

Offline arcee

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2011, 10:47:02 pm »
so, it's being released midnight Monday morning, Kiritimati time, right? (GMT + 14)
(Incidentally, it's very confusing that 'ti' is pronounced like English 's' in Kiribati - Kiritimati was formerly Christmas Island)

I had been planning to wait just to use my steam wallet funds, but they'll have other uses anyway.

Offline Procyon

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2011, 12:21:25 am »
Really bloody excited about this. I'm going to buy this twice, once for Beta access and then once again on Steam or Impulse since I am absolutely terrible at keeping track of where I ordered which game from whom! :)

As I understand it, multiplayer won't be available initially. Are there any estimates on when coop will be showing up?

I keep a folder in my e-mail as a place to save purchase receipts and such for games like this and AI War. That way, they're always on-hand, should something happen. :)

Offline Echo35

• Master Member Mark II
  • More turrets! MORE TURRETS!
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2011, 01:06:54 am »
^__________________________________________________________^

That is all.

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2011, 07:10:28 am »
so, it's being released midnight Monday morning, Kiritimati time, right? (GMT + 14)
(Incidentally, it's very confusing that 'ti' is pronounced like English 's' in Kiribati - Kiritimati was formerly Christmas Island)

I had been planning to wait just to use my steam wallet funds, but they'll have other uses anyway.

:-)

Not quite that early. More like some time Monday morning Eastern time (GMT -4). Once we get up, and get running, Chris has a few things to do to make sure everything is all set, then we'll get things up and running as soon as we can. We want to make sure we're all available to help with any questions or potential issues before we put it out to the public.

Offline coconutpete

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2011, 05:16:20 am »
How many hours before release now? I'm eager to play!

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2011, 07:10:18 am »
We're still on schedule for this morning! :-)

Offline Almarioln

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2011, 07:21:37 am »
Same, waiting for it like a tiger in grass.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2011, 08:31:34 am »
Should be ready within 1.5 hours, give or take a small bit!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Kronic

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2011, 08:34:45 am »
Man. I've got hype. Not had it this bad in a while.  :-[

Offline Pariah8472

« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2011, 09:52:43 am »

Same here.  I can't ever remember being this tense/excited about a beta release :P
11.20 pm here in Australia.  So glad I don't have work in the morning.  Be able to play the hell out of this thing :D

Offline Echo35

• Master Member Mark II
  • More turrets! MORE TURRETS!
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2011, 09:54:50 am »

Same here.  I can't ever remember being this tense/excited about a beta release :P
11.20 pm here in Australia.  So glad I don't have work in the morning.  Be able to play the hell out of this thing :D

Yeah, i'm at work right now :( And I have a lot of crap to do. Sadly, won't be getting much time on this for the next few days.

Offline GabrielKronos

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2011, 10:21:28 am »

Yeah, i'm at work right now :( And I have a lot of crap to do. Sadly, won't be getting much time on this for the next few days.

And here I am, at 11:21 AM just waiting for the beta release to pre-order, and to work time to end so I can manage to download it ;D (would be downloading it right now, assuming we could do it and the net here wasn't crappy today).

Btw, It's kinda interesting the limit we have in trial.... looks a lot like Mount & Blade trial limits, maybe Chris did it on purpose XD.

Which makes me ask... will this limit be enough to give a good glance at the game aspects, while not being too giving or too prohibitive in terms of features?

(and yeah, my first post here in forums, although i've been following AWWW since I've found out about Arcen, thx to AI War... be kind to my English, as it's not my native language)

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2011, 10:24:15 am »

And here I am, at 11:21 AM just waiting for the beta release to pre-order, and to work time to end so I can manage to download it ;D (would be downloading it right now, assuming we could do it and the net here wasn't crappy today).

Btw, It's kinda interesting the limit we have in trial.... looks a lot like Mount & Blade trial limits, maybe Chris did it on purpose XD.

Which makes me ask... will this limit be enough to give a good glance at the game aspects, while not being too giving or too prohibitive in terms of features?

(and yeah, my first post here in forums, although i've been following AWWW since I've found out about Arcen, thx to AI War... be kind to my English, as it's not my native language)

Your English is just fine. And, personally, I think the trial limit (up to civ level 6) is very good, it will let you see most of the basics of the game, but, there is SOOO much more to do after that. :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk