Author Topic: Heatsuits......  (Read 2935 times)

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Heatsuits......
« on: May 05, 2012, 01:20:31 am »
.....is there ANY simple way to get these?

These suits honestly seem to be the single rarest item type in the game.   I spent ALOT of time on the first continent, and I came away with ONE snowsuit.  Just.   ONE.   

Wheras I had like 10 elusion scrolls in total over that amount of time (and a great deal of my building-exploring was done in ice age areas, to get moon lamps).

The problem is that my second continent, the ENTIRE area that I can use around the settlement is JUST ice age, lava flats, and like one square of grasslands.

I ALMOST got lucky in that I found a rescue mission in a lava flat building that was right near the entrance, but when I did it the controls decided it was time to spaz the hell out, and fire bats occurred.   So that didn't happen.    Chances are that probably wasnt doable anyway, since the rescued guy moved slower than a brick in sludge.

And I dont have lava-escape missions available.   Or robots.   

These seem like they should really be in the store;  I'm finding oiut now just how important they can be.... though I knew that with the snowsuit on the previous continent.

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
Re: Heatsuits......
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 01:29:37 am »
I found an Advanced Heatsuit in the lava flats in the first couple of stashes I went to.  I've seen at least 3 others in other stash rooms, too.  Maybe I'm luckier that you are?  ???

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 01:43:00 am »
Never found a heatsuit except in lava escape missions. Just have to be lucky I guess.
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 01:54:45 am »
I found an Advanced Heatsuit in the lava flats in the first couple of stashes I went to.  I've seen at least 3 others in other stash rooms, too.  Maybe I'm luckier that you are?  ???

Fifteen stashes.

Endless goddamn dinosaurs (this'll be the area type I NEVER go to unless I have to, because of those).

Not one suit.

It just gives me endless crates and useless things of that nature.

And those rescue missions are next to impossible to find without one of those guardian scrolls (which I cannot use).

Offline lunarknight64

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 02:09:54 am »
I'm pretty sure you can rarely find heatsuits in the desert

Offline zebramatt

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 06:18:31 am »
Maybe if Opal stocked heatsuits at the store?

Offline nanostrike

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 06:32:13 am »

I went through 56 stashes in the Desert (I counted!) before finally giving up.  They're so rare in the desert that, IMO, it's not worth searching for them.

It needs to.  Ditto for Snowsuits.

So far, the only way I can reliably find one is to use a Robot and go through buildings in the Lava Flats.  I know it's luck-based, but in 5 games I've played, I've never had to search more than about 5 or 6 Lava Flats buildings before I find a Heat Suit.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 08:20:03 am »

I went through 56 stashes in the Desert (I counted!) before finally giving up.  They're so rare in the desert that, IMO, it's not worth searching for them.

So far, the only way I can reliably find one is to use a Robot and go through buildings in the Lava Flats.  I know it's luck-based, but in 5 games I've played, I've never had to search more than about 5 or 6 Lava Flats buildings before I find a Heat Suit.

I've had the robot idea, but naturally the RNG just laughed at me about that one.   I havent rescued any robots on the second continent, and the ENTIRE CONTINENT, which is pretty large, has exactly ONE TILE of the "skelebot junkyard" type.   And where is it?  IN THE FREAKING SEA ABOUT 7 TILES AWAY FROM LAND.   I'd have to place buoys, but first I'd have to place probably two shelters just to GET to the spot where I can start placing buoys.

I swear it did this on purpose.

Offline Huw

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 01:17:23 pm »
I found a snowsuit the very first time I went looking specifically for one; maybe I just got lucky.  However I have never, ever seen a heatsuit, and I've looked.
I play evenings UK timezone

Offline Gemzo

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 01:38:05 pm »
The first time I found a snowsuit I was pretty happy, but then it wasn't anything special when I ended up finding a total a 5 snowsuits in that building alone. Heatsuits seem just as common... Either way the store should definitely carry them. Maybe have them unlocked in the store when you reach a stash room of a hot/cold region? I think advanced heatsuits shouldn't be in the shop at all of course.

Offline Martyn van Buren

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 02:58:28 pm »
Huh, weird. I have like three heatsuits but I have never once seen an elusion scroll. Do they seed in a particular area type or is the RNG just having fun with me?

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 03:06:24 pm »
the ENTIRE CONTINENT, which is pretty large, has exactly ONE TILE of the "skelebot junkyard" type.   And where is it?  IN THE FREAKING SEA ABOUT 7 TILES AWAY FROM LAND.   I'd have to place buoys, but first I'd have to place probably two shelters just to GET to the spot where I can start placing buoys.

Now I understand your username.

Offline nanostrike

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 03:12:57 pm »

I've had the robot idea, but naturally the RNG just laughed at me about that one.   I havent rescued any robots on the second continent, and the ENTIRE CONTINENT, which is pretty large, has exactly ONE TILE of the "skelebot junkyard" type.   And where is it?  IN THE FREAKING SEA ABOUT 7 TILES AWAY FROM LAND.   I'd have to place buoys, but first I'd have to place probably two shelters just to GET to the spot where I can start placing buoys.

I swear it did this on purpose.

I suppose you could use a High HP character or two, use Fire Shield a ton, and make a beeline for Buildings/Stashes in the Lava Flats. I've had to do that before.

You'll likely lose a few characters doing it, but Heat Suits are really common in Lava Flats stashes.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012, 07:39:33 pm »
Huh, weird. I have like three heatsuits but I have never once seen an elusion scroll. Do they seed in a particular area type or is the RNG just having fun with me?

As the game's encyclopedia says, they're extremely rare, and no area has any higher or lower chance of having one (they only appear in stashes though, far as I know.  You wont find one in a cave or something like that).

So I'd say, it's the RNG being a snot.  Lol.

Now I understand your username.

I get pretty much that exact comment eventually, on any given forum.    Usually doesnt take long.   Hmm, I hadnt even reached 100 posts this time, hah.

The name though originally comes from Cave Story.  "Misery" being one of the Team Rocket style duo that pesters the player throughout much of the game.

The name has indeed though become oddly fitting, so I've kept it.

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 08:19:45 pm »
The other half of the duo being the one responsible for breaking holes in walls/ceilings and shouting HUZZAH!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk